Not receiving group texts

a4dp

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had the problem of not receiving group texts on their Focus S? AT&T support wasn't much help. I can send and receive single texts just fine. I can also send out group texts, I just can receive them. It's been doing this for about a week now.

spd_rcr

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Anything different about your phone ? what software are you running ? Have you powered it off/on ? Have you done a reset ?

a4dp

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
No, there's nothing different about my phone. I'm running 7.10.8773.98. I've tried a soft reset and that didn't work. I'm going to stop by AT&T later if I have time. Online support suggested it might be the sim card, but I don't know.

a4dp

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
AT&T hasn't been able to figure it out. I'm waiting to hear back from their tech support to see if it's something on their end.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
AT&T hasn't been able to figure it out. I'm waiting to hear back from their tech support to see if it's something on their end.

I was having issues, I found when I turned off WiFi my group messaging started to work. I would power down your Phone and try it again. Lastly make sure group text is turned on in your settings.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

a4dp

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues, I found when I turned off WiFi my group messaging started to work. I would power down your Phone and try it again. Lastly make sure group text is turned on in your settings.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Unfortunately I've tried all of this and it still doesn't work.

a4dp

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I talked to AT&T again and they want me to swap out a sim card with someone and see if that works. I don't know why they think it will, they've already given me a brand new card.

a4dp

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I did a hard reset on my phone and that solved all my problems except my battery. I guess it's time to get a new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs