Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I am looking for a fast SD card .

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    Bump. Sticky this, I think we of all people need to know what the fastest/best MSD cards available are. :D

I have Kingston 32gb class 4 -- seems to be working just fine.

I have a SanDisk 32gb class 2 (I wish I would have checked Newegg before I purchased so that I could have gotten the Kingston 32GB class 4 referenced above).

It works really well, and the transfer speeds seem to be good (I was able to sync my music collection from my PC even faster than my Zune HD would sync for some weird reason).

$90 on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by dougb View Post
    I have Kingston 32gb class 4 -- seems to be working just fine.
    Do you think that class 4 will have a noticeable difference versus the class 2?

Quote Originally Posted by sklein382 View Post
    Do you think that class 4 will have a noticeable difference versus the class 2?
    Having done a little research on my own I guess that question is kind of stupid in theory, however on some of the other forums there have been mixed reviews on class 4 cards, while there has been almost universal praise of the class 2 ones.

Works great so far. Have loaded music, pics, couple of videos and all working.

My SanDisk 32GB Class 2 has worked great, and like I said, my music library (about 22GB) synced faster than it did with my Zune HD... which was surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by chsoriano View Post
    My SanDisk 32GB Class 2 has worked great, and like I said, my music library (about 22GB) synced faster than it did with my Zune HD... which was surprising.
    Sadly, my Focus syncs very slowly when the 8 GB internal memory is surpassed and files start hitting the 32GB Kingston class 4 (it seems). How did you prepair that Sandisk 32GB? I only used the soft reset feature in the "about" settings item.

Anyone looking to add or change their SD card should read this:
    Windows Phone 7 Secure Digital Card Limitations

Also, as noted in the article, just because your phone performs fine after adding an SD card doesn't mean it will always continue to perform fine:
    "In some cases, these performance issues might only be evident after using the phone for some time. For example, if your phone has 8 GB of internal memory and you integrate a non-compliant SD card with the phone, you might notice the performance issues only after the 8 GB of internal memory is filled with applications and media."

Has anyone found the exact specs for SD cards?
    Thanked by:
    jctang 

very informative article. I just added a sandisk 32gb class 2 card to my focus. I have synced my 18GB of music, 4gb of videos, and 2gb of podcasts and all seem to be running normally just as snappy as before the SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailmixxx View Post
    Sadly, my Focus syncs very slowly when the 8 GB internal memory is surpassed and files start hitting the 32GB Kingston class 4 (it seems). How did you prepair that Sandisk 32GB? I only used the soft reset feature in the "about" settings item.
    I didn't do anything special (I tried and failed to do the hardware reformat with the volume/camera/power buttons), just went to Settings > About > Reset Device and it worked immediately.

I've still had a couple of random reboots, but less than 1 per day. However, one day last week I did get a reboot that made the phone look like it had lost all of the data. Removed the battery and rebooted and everything was back... weird. I don't think it's entirely HW problems, I think there might be a SW issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailmixxx View Post
    I had this exact same experience. Not sure what is a "Windows Phone" certified card. This Kingston card seems like it should be a viable option. Any other feedback anyone? my read/write slows after the initial 8GB as well...

J

I installed a PNY class 10 from Best Buy and it is working great!

Jim

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I purchased my Focus 1.3 5 days after the date of the MS article, and I got no warning from AT&T and had not read the alarms here. I ordered a $47 32gb Sandisk card from Amazin and installed successfully as chsoriano describes above, after failing several times using the user guide info and getting no help nor encouragement from ATT and Samsung tech "support". So far, so good as it approaches the 5-week mark, and I haven't had a single re-set or other problem. (I'm having an update performed as I type and I'm prayin this 7392, and the Mango updates don't ruin my sweet 38gb format.)

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts
    Let us know what happens on that Rodolfo I have a san disk 32gb class 4 I am thinking about installing and was waiting until after I got the mango update(s) to install.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Just updated to mango and my 32gig sandisk class 4 is still holding strong, $70 on newegg right now

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    Let us know what happens on that Rodolfo I have a san disk 32gb class 4 I am thinking about installing and was waiting until after I got the mango update(s) to install.
    Flawless install, JFA1. The 7.1.7392 install took more than 90 minutes -most of it for a backup of the device ahead of the installations. The Mango install [actually (ends up with) 7.10.7720.68, not "7.5"] followed and took about 30 minutes. The Sandisk keeps right on ticking as it turns 5 weeks old today. The Mango install freed up about a gig or more of memory. BTW, my total formatted storage has been 36.9, not 38 as I wrote above. Good luck with your installs.
    Thanked by:
    sinime 
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    Flawless install, JFA1. The 7.1.7392 install took more than 90 minutes -most of it for a backup of the device ahead of the installations. The Mango install [actually (ends up with) 7.10.7720.68, not "7.5"] followed and took about 30 minutes. The Sandisk keeps right on ticking as it turns 5 weeks old today. The Mango install freed up about a gig or more of memory. BTW, my total formatted storage has been 36.9, not 38 as I wrote above. Good luck with your installs.
    Thanks for the info Rodolfo, I ordered 1 of the Class 4 Sandisk 32 gb micro SD cards tonight. hopefully it will get here by Saturday.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8)
    Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)