Need a screen protector
12-27-2010 04:17 PM
- Amazon has a couple. I might get this one: Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Skin Protector Shield Full Body for Samsung Focus + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Cell Phones & Accessories
It has a protector for the back as well. I have never used any of their products but I suppose it's worth a try. I would rather use something like this if it works as opposed to a bulky case.11-09-2010 07:03 PM
- I bought (and just returned) the stock ones from AT&T. There was a 3 pack for 9.99. It went on the phone okay, but couldn't get the front protector off the mask without it peelig back up and bubbling. So I don't recommend those to anyone..... They didn't want to accept the return on them to start with, but when faced with the question of them doing it or it being done as a chargeback through mastercard they relented....
I also returned the body glove case they sel. It was so tight that it just kept turning the phone on and off all the time...not much use.
Let us know if you try the ones above.11-10-2010 09:51 AM
- 12-01-2010 01:23 PM
- box wave has them now. crystal or anti-glare? that's the real question.
Focus SGH-i917 Screen Protectors & Covers / Focus SGH-i917 Protection / Samsung Focus SGH-i917 Screen Protectors & Covers / Samsung Focus SGH-i917 Protection12-15-2010 02:30 PM
- I read somewhere http://www.windowscentral.com/samsun...-gorilla-tough that the screen was made of Gorilla Glass so you really don't need a screen protector. Watch this link. HTML5 Gorilla Glass Player12-21-2010 02:03 PM
- I read somewhere http://www.windowscentral.com/samsun...-gorilla-tough that the screen was made of Gorilla Glass so you really don't need a screen protector. Watch this link. HTML5 Gorilla Glass Player
But yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about scratching it: Gorilla Glass Hands On: UNBREAKABLE12-22-2010 06:29 AM
- pssst, it will definitely scratch/break. i have babied my phone since i bought it, it never has seen any type of contact that would be considered a drop, yet when i was putting on my boxwave screen protector i noticed a very light scratch on the glass. looks like it came from a fingernail, too.12-22-2010 11:18 AM
- Gorilla glass will scratch. There are plenty of people with iPhones complaining about scratches on their front glass. I think the advantage of Gorilla glass is it is less prone to scratches (but not 100%) and will take more abuse in terms of bending force. If it is dropped it will shatter.12-22-2010 12:49 PM
- Daniel RubinoEditor-in-chiefGorilla glass will scratch. There are plenty of people with iPhones complaining about scratches on their front glass. I think the advantage of Gorilla glass is it is less prone to scratches (but not 100%) and will take more abuse in terms of bending force. If it is dropped it will shatter.
Yes, it was rumored to have it and the blogs said it did, but even Corning does not list it (yet all Galaxy S devices, which the Focus is, do).
Having spoken with Corning directly at trade events and even hacking at few times myself, it is very tough stuff. For the record, my Focus is naked--no case, no screen protector. I've also dropped my phone from 5 feet up onto a hard tile floor and it's fine (was photographing it, not on purpose).12-23-2010 03:58 AM
- i bought a 3-pack of the screen protectors from boxwave (crystal clear type). they are way easier to install than i thought, and the only reason i got 3 was for back-up reasons. i don't need 2 of them though. if you want one i will ship it to you for $10 total in the US. both will be $20. i think boxwave sells them for $15 for 1 or $28 for a 3-pack.12-26-2010 04:11 PM
- Samsung's site states that the Focus uses "Gorilla Glass":
Get to Know the Samsung Focus
Should it get scratched, I wonder if plastic polish would work? I guess that depends on if "Gorilla Glass" really is glass or just hard plastic.
Plastic polish will not work, at least not really. You may be able to fill in cracks with some sort of epoxy or a polyacrylamide, maybe, if it matches the index of refraction, but that'd be a guessing game.
As a general note, Gorilla Glass is really remarkable. Stiffer than steel (per weight), and almost unbreakable! Almost wish Corning had been successful in selling it for car windows, way back when...12-27-2010 04:17 PM
- Windows Central Archives
- Windows Central Archive
- Samsung Focus
Need a screen protector
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD