Anyones Focus rebooting?

gdubyacobb

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My focus has been running fine since I picked it up on day one. I installed an 8g ScanDisk SD card about a week ago after doing a hard reset/format and still haven't had any issues.
Just thought I'd toss in some good news.

ChrisGambol60

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My focus has rebooted twice; both times the phone rebooted after being unplugged for about 2 hours. Going to Settings and resetting the phone brought back my information. Boy did that make me nervous the first time it happened... I thought I'd gotten a lemon. Fortunately the phone has not done that in about 1 week.

I do have Weatherbug installed --- could that be the culprit? I have noticed that the Weatherbug tile did not update for about a day.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
THe phone should Never Root unless its a hardware issue or sometimes a software issue
but mainly it could be the installed memory card.

raremage

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a reboot problem that had y phone rebooting 2-3 times per day. AT&T replaced it with no argument and very little discussion.

I took my 32GB SD from the original focus and installed it into the new Focus, reset to factory (formatting the card) and have had exactly zero problems since swapping the phones out. That was four days ago; I'm cautiously optimistic that it may have been a hardware issue for me.

If the reboots start again, I'm likely to return it and move to a Venue Pro, which I find very tempting. Heck, I'm considering just biting the bullet, returning the focus, and getting a Venue Pro anyway.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL raremage
I have the same feeling even though the focus is amazing I really like the Dell Venue
but I will wait a few weeks just to make sure Dell has fixed all the problems they had when they first released it for example the sim card issue and the camera quality problems

If they fix that its a beautiful phone ...

dgraff

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Purchased the phone a month ago, first 2 weeks all was working well. 3rd week installed a SanDisk 16 GB Class 2 microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-016G, formatted and setup the phone again, installed a bunch of apps and a lot of music. Total space was 22GB, once I had everything installed, free space was around 8GB. Phone would restart once in a while, but then over the Christmas break I purchased Need for Speed. Since the install, the phone would restart all of the time, almost every half hour. I took out the memory card, formatted, setup the profile, installed the apps, including NFS, and moved about 5GB of music. My free space is around 1.5GB and have not received a reboot. Though all the posts, I think the issue maybe with the size of the memory card, it will work find with 8GB or less, over and the system becomes unstable. I hope this is the most for front update MS/Samsung has on their list, I find this far more important then copy/paste.
Once they have the memory issue figured out, figure out the Blu-Ray Digital copy/Zune issues. No point and having this fixed until the memory is corrected.

cwessel

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list :( Purchased Samsung Focus and added 32GB SanDisk Class 2 microSD... everything was going well for first week or so, but now Focus is spontaneously rebooting. I'm planning to remove the extra memory and wait for an update <fingers-crossed>.

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
my rebooting has gotten way out of hand. I tried removing the card and doing a reset but I keep getting errors now about the memory being full. >.<b

andrantos

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Its got to be related to how the OS handles memory. I don't even have an additional memory card in there and I recently started getting freezes, reboots and the audio stuttering was even worse. I probably had at least 1.5 - 2 gigs free.

I went through and uninstalled all my apps I've downloaded and so far, so good. I don't know how much memory I'd been using before (I imagine I was close to 5-6 gig mark). I haven't removed any music yet. But right now I have about 5.5 gigs free.

cwessel

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
After reading success stories with the Patriot Class 4 16GB microSD, I decided to purchase one from Amazon.com. I just installed it... just hoping that it doesn't reboot like my Sandisk Class 2 32GB disc did. I'll report back in a few weeks with an update... wish me luck! ;)

bazztrap

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
still restarting

I bought it the 2nd week it was released ATT sold me an SD card for 16 gb and they said its compatible. After 2 months it started abruptly restarting. I believe at some point I surpassed the 8gb internal storage (Zune music) which might have caused it.
But it is not just random restart, every once a while it will reset to factory settings but if I go to Settings--> about-->reset (restore default and remove all data) it will restart with all the old information and settings, this is weird and freaked me out the first time, trust me calling ATT and Samsung didn't help at all, MS only has twitter support which was not online in the night.

Anyway anyone else with this issue and know how to fix it? It is bothering me now but not annoying , but one of these day I am sure it is going to reset to factory settings in the night and the alarm wont go off.

cwessel

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
After reading success stories with the Patriot Class 4 16GB microSD, I decided to purchase one from Amazon.com. I just installed it... just hoping that it doesn't reboot like my Sandisk Class 2 32GB disc did. I'll report back in a few weeks with an update... wish me luck! ;)
No rebooting issues with Patriot Class 4 16GB microSD, but I removed it, nonetheless. Due to read/write access speed issues, the lag for launching and using apps was not worth the extra storage. to me Back at 8GB until something "official" is released. :(

greekboydinos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought it the 2nd week it was released ATT sold me an SD card for 16 gb and they said its compatible. After 2 months it started abruptly restarting. I believe at some point I surpassed the 8gb internal storage (Zune music) which might have caused it.
But it is not just random restart, every once a while it will reset to factory settings but if I go to Settings--> about-->reset (restore default and remove all data) it will restart with all the old information and settings, this is weird and freaked me out the first time, trust me calling ATT and Samsung didn't help at all, MS only has twitter support which was not online in the night.

Anyway anyone else with this issue and know how to fix it? It is bothering me now but not annoying , but one of these day I am sure it is going to reset to factory settings in the night and the alarm wont go off.

it hasn't been a year since these phones have been out so we all still have our 1 year microsoft warranty--so bring it in to at&t and get another one. that's what i did.
my phone would restart, gradually becoming more frequent until i factory reset it; then, maybe a month reset-free, it started doing it again. i don't know if it's the memory card or what (sandisk 16gb), but something's happening.
so i got a new one. well, refurbished actually, from at&t's device center or wherever.
went into a store, explained my problem, they sent me to a device center, i explained my problem again, and they gave me a new one without question.

so now with this new phone (i kept the sd card in), i installed a bunch of apps (but kept quality in mind while doing so :), & am waiting. today is monday, i got the phone saturday evening. so far, no annoying spontaneous restarts.

maybe the cause of the problem is the SD card, maybe it's loading your crap up & the OS freaks out, maybe it's hardware. i don't know.

either way, if you're having this problem, don't take a chance & realize that your phone restarted in the middle of the night & wonder if you lost important data, get texts from what appears to be a booty call but you don't really know because you don't recognize the number, etc.

just take it in, get a new one, & pray that it doesn't happen again.
go microsoft!

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine reboots a few times a day. Sometimes totally losing any and all that is installed on it. But then I reboot, and bam, all is well.

Hopefully, Microsoft has got something in store in the NoDo update that could fix this... although I doubt it, really. We'll see.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine reboots a few times a day. Sometimes totally losing any and all that is installed on it. But then I reboot, and bam, all is well.

Hopefully, Microsoft has got something in store in the NoDo update that could fix this... although I doubt it, really. We'll see.

A few times a day? I would recommend taking that one back and getting a fresh Focus.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Happens to me as well... my atrix does the same thing.

I don't have an SD card installed. Also, all my settings stay in tact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)