Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondereing if anyone else is seeing this. Three times now this has happened - I will dial calls and hear nothing at the other end, though the call connects. Not even the other end ringing - no audio at all. Rebooting doesn't seem to help, but pulling the battery and restarting hard does.

I've tire connecting external audio devices as well when this happens - including bluetooth and headphones - but they don't work either.

Can't seem to put my finger on what precedes this happening. Very annoying though, as
    I rely on my cell as my primary business phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you tried rebooting it? tried removing the battery and re-seat the SIM card? I have had this fix simular issues on other phones I have had in the past.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subarunut View Post
    have you tried rebooting it? tried removing the battery and re-seat the SIM card? I have had this fix simular issues on other phones I have had in the past.
    Yeah, here's some more details - it's happened a few more times since I originally posted this. Once the audio goes, nothing comes out from any source - built in earpiece, speakerphone, bluetooth, headset. Incidentally, the common thread seems to be when I have the phone docked in my car, with bluetooth enabled AND a jack in the headphone - I typically use my phone for music/podcasts/navigation piped through my stereo via the aux jack, but rely on my bluetooth receiver for phone calls. So it's admitedly not a common configuration, which makes me wonder if it's just a hardware issue, or something that would happen to others except my configuration is a bit off the beaten path.

A reboot does not fix it; a battery pull does fix it. Happened twice more today and it's got me pretty well frustrated. If no one else is seeing this, then maybe I have a hardware issue. If it's more common, though, then I would suspect a software issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd, Incidently, I use mine for the exact same way and don't see this. I have the audio jack plugged in and listening to a podcast and the the Bluetooth connected to my GPS hands free. Works with out a problem. May need to get it exchanged at the AT&T store.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subarunut View Post
    Odd, Incidently, I use mine for the exact same way and don't see this. I have the audio jack plugged in and listening to a podcast and the the Bluetooth connected to my GPS hands free. Works with out a problem. May need to get it exchanged at the AT&T store.
    Interesting, appreciate the info! That makes me think it may just be my device, so I guess I'll swing by AT&T tomorrow and see if I can swap it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have been having on and off audio issues on my Focus though not with the configuration you mention. Sometimes I am just using the handset normally and sometimes it has been with just a motorola bluetooth headset. This morning I had 4 calls in a row where there was no audio, just using the phone as a normal handset.

I'd be interested to see if more have this issue.

Cheers,

DavidM

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an audio problem as well, if I play my phone through an external audio source using the stereo plug (like to my aux input in my car stereo) I loose my mic once I pull out the plug. For example, after listening to music using the plug, if I pull it out and try to use the voice commands the phone can't hear anything (no sound registers with the phone and it keeps saying "I did not hear you") I have to re-bot to get back my mic, or use the phone (make a call).

Not the same problem as you, but I think there is definitely a problem. Anyone else have this problem?

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The focus doesnt play music through AUX good at all. The Music is really low and it only plays on one speaker in my car. Strange.