How do I delete Windows Live account?

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I got my Focus just after it came out, started it up and went through the setups for Windows Live and Facebook. I recall having a Windows Live account but couldn't remember login off hand so I made a new account (example: user@live.com), then I set about creating my contacts from FB, all was well.

Almost a month later the graphics went haywire due to memmory issue with microSD card so I had to get a replacement phone, during the set up this time I had login info to first Windows Live account (example: user@pacbell.net) and inputed that prior to going through Facebook setup. All seemed okay until the FB sync didn't complete. I checked for contacts and it seemed okay so I didn't pursue it anymore as I was happy to fiind that the cloud saved my manually entered contact info.

In the last week, as I've added a few friends to my FB friend list, I've noticed that the new contact doesn't show on my phone. After trying to sync the two unsuccessfully I began to delete my accounts to clear out problems, what I'm finding is that I can delete all but my first Windows Live account "user@pacbell.net". How do I delete this? It seems that FB wants to sync to the settings my first phone had with "user@live.com", so if I could change the address all should be good. The accounts I have in the phone currently are listed as Windows Live with the addres of "user@pacbell.net" and Windows Live2 address being "user@live.com"

Also, is there a way to completely reset this phone? In the event this Windows Live account can't be changed.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Actually, so far, the only way to delete the main Live account is to do a factory reset and start over. I think the only reason why it's set up this way is because it's deeply integrated to many features of the OS.

settings/about/reset your phone

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can delete the initial Live account you login with. I don't remember if I read that in a tutorial or in the Quick Start guide, so a forum.

To reset the phone, go to Settings --> About, then Reset Phone. Answer yes twice to the prompts.

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Ah! Factory reset, that's what I was looking for! Ugh, now I wonder if it formats the memory such that I'll lose the batch of pictures I've got? Thanks for the info!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If your pictures were not synced to Skydrive or to your PC via Zune, then it will most likey be deleted, because a factory reset will delete internal storage. Technically, the SD card becomes part of the internal storage.

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought as much, currently emailing them off of the ones that are keepers. I've no micro card yet, I'm still waiting for MS to certify which ones to use. Fortunately I was able to return the 32gb one I had bought for the first phone as it didn't corrupt it.

MS says it has to do with the OS doing random reads to the card and not the through put, I've read that 16gb cards are working. It'll be a little while before I'll need more memory so I'm good with what this phone has. Thanks again ninja! :eek:]

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. Reset and now Facebook won't sync at all. It's having trouble connecting with error code 83CF1109, seen this before and that's what started me down this path. Not sure what to do now. : o/

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Looked in my contacts and they are there, even my new adds... I'm stumped. The first time I syncd my FB account you could see the contact number clicking along and then it said it's done, this time, like before, it just sits and then says "Attention needed". I guess this is as good as it'll get, I'm still going to have to enter in numbers that wern't in my Windows Live cloud but at least that'll only be a handful.

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
What's a "soft reset"? When I first took my phone in the AT&T the rep pulled the battery without powering it off, is this similar?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Soft reset is simply turning the phone off then on again. I do not recommend ever doing a battery pull without turning the phone off first. It may work with other phones, but it may damage Windows Phones. This has been true since before WP7 (ie WM5.0-6.5) Even HTC discourages it.

From HTC Surround support:

A soft reset basically resets the memory structure in the handheld. This recovers the device from memory conflicts, corrupted system service chains (mainly due to attempting hacks), memory leaks, and system lockups due to the "Fatal Exception" program errors. Removing the battery from the device while it is still powered on is NOT a soft reset and can actually damage the device.

A Soft Reset is performed by:

Power the device off.
Remove the battery for 5 seconds.
Put everything back together and power the device on

Last edited:

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Ah! I'll try that when I get home today, so I can utilize my wifi for a bit faster sync... After reading your info about not pulling the battery I can only shake my head at those who man the AT&T stores!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12