Any means to load custom ringtones yet?

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My focus has been a fun first smart phone for me, but one thing that I have NOT enjoyed since my Motorola Sliver back in '06 is having custome ringtones and notification sounds!

Is there anything out there for this phone yet to help in making my phone more custom to me?

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Only way is to unlock the phone via the Chevron utility. Pretty sure the new update blocks this though, so if you update your phone you will lose this ability till another unlock utility is created.

Not clear whether MS will implement this in a future update, but I imagine they will.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just loaded ringtones onto my phone with the ChevronWP7 utility. Head over to THIS LINK to get the step by step instructions on how to load your own ringtones.

And for the record... I just got my Samsung Focus yesterday from AT&T. Immediately plugged into the PC, followed the directions EXPLICITLY... and bam... I loaded 32 ringtones.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The question is, will those custom ringtones persist after updating

That, of course, remains to be seen. I do know this. Once you load a ringtone... you can't remove it without hard resetting your phone.

So, only time will tell. Once the update hits, we'll see.

thecoach1999

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just loaded ringtones onto my phone with the ChevronWP7 utility. Head over to THIS LINK to get the step by step instructions on how to load your own ringtones.

And for the record... I just got my Samsung Focus yesterday from AT&T. Immediately plugged into the PC, followed the directions EXPLICITLY... and bam... I loaded 32 ringtones.

I was able to unlock but I can't load or find the ringtones. How do I get them on the phone?

Edit: I got it. Downloaded a ringtone manager. Pain in the a$$ but I now have custom ringtones.

Last edited:

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Glad you were able to get it Coach... you just need to be very diligent with each step or it won't work. I have found if you need to do it again, it's best to completely start like it's the first time all over again. Seriously. As in do every step all over again.

thecoach1999

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad you were able to get it Coach... you just need to be very diligent with each step or it won't work. I have found if you need to do it again, it's best to completely start like it's the first time all over again. Seriously. As in do every step all over again.

I've got the ringtones on the phone under chevron7wp. How do I assign them? Did I do something wrong. I coverted the mp3 to wma. I've downloaded the source code.

Wife has fone right now but going to try again tonight.

D'ho, had wife reboot fone and now she can select the tones.

Ok the ringtones can selected but I they won't play. Yes I converted them to .wma. They work on my BB. Any suggestions.

Last edited:

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've got the ringtones on the phone under chevron7wp. How do I assign them? Did I do something wrong. I coverted the mp3 to wma. I've downloaded the source code.

Wife has fone right now but going to try again tonight.

D'ho, had wife reboot fone and now she can select the tones.

Ok the ringtones can selected but I they won't play. Yes I converted them to .wma. They work on my BB. Any suggestions.

did you set them as 48000KHz WMA files? Anything less and they won't play.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Thought they were supposed to have a bit rate of 48kbps. Converted all mine months ago. Still waiting.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I realize this thread is a little bit old, but I just wanted to point out that if you use TouchXplorer after unlocking, (I use an HD7, and I've heard mixed things on if it works on non HTC phones) you can simply copy an MP3 from your /My Documents/Zune/Content/0100/00 folder to your /My Documents/My Ringtones Folder (mp3 file) and it shows up and works great. Then you can simply delete it if you want to get rid of it. No need to hard reset, and no need to convert to 48kbps WMA files.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I realize this thread is a little bit old, but I just wanted to point out that if you use TouchXplorer after unlocking, (I use an HD7, and I've heard mixed things on if it works on non HTC phones) you can simply copy an MP3 from your /My Documents/Zune/Content/0100/00 folder to your /My Documents/My Ringtones Folder (mp3 file) and it shows up and works great. Then you can simply delete it if you want to get rid of it. No need to hard reset, and no need to convert to 48kbps WMA files.

I am interested in the whole homebrew scene with WP7 but I thought that NoDo broke that functionality. What's the best way to unlock the device without bricking it in the process?

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I received my HD7 and was happy to see it wasn't updated yet. I unlocked using ChevronWP7, then applied a tool that's supposed to keep it from relocking, then updated to NoDo. I'm still unlocked so I'm happy. As far as unlocking once you're already on NoDo, AFAIK there is no way currently unless there is a way to roll back. It appears that MS is interested in having an official homebrew scene, so hopefully not too long from now there will be some new tools out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism