screen burn in

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I use green on black, have auto brightness, and a 5-min time-out. I also tend to click it off when I set it down or pocket it. I think only a dead pixel would bother me.

For those with imperfect screens, does your Super AMOLED still look super (brightness and contrast at all angles, indoors and out, etc.?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
@Rodolfo
The burn-in doesn't affect the overall contrast or viewing angle of the screen. It's a little disconcerting to see it happening, but I'm too into what's actually going on on my phone to worry about it.

Edit: I'm running the Mango flashlight app White Light which opens with a completely white screen, and I can't see any of the previous "burnt in" elements that I saw previously. I may may be able to see the slightest hint of the app bar, but I really can't be certain if I'm actually seeing it or not. Again, I'm not worried. I'd expect that by time the average user experiences noticeably permanent burn-in, they'll be eligible for an upgrade.

Last edited:

Blackjack55345

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I had some nasty burn in on my focus. You could see a lot of the letters from the keyboard (specifically the smiley face and paper clip). A couple names of people I text could be seen in the top left corner. The giant "People" in the people hub was starting to burn in as well, along with the text boxes for text messages.

So, I brought my phone into AT&T. The man helping us (Chris) instantly noticed the burn in, especially where there were white screens. He put us on the phone with the Customer Service center and we explained the problem. First they claimed that the phone was out of warranty (Chris reminded me that the phone hadn't even been out a year yet) and then they claimed that it was my fault. Chris took the phone, tried to explain burn in and told them that a Microsoft Rep had come into their store last week to explain the problem (I don't know how valid that is, but I guess it is possible). The woman on the phone still wasn't going to do anything about it so we hung up. Chris brought his manager over and they both agreed to replace my old phone and just give me a new one. I was VERY pleased with the service there and I'm glad I don't have to live with a phone with some heavy screen burn in (Not to mention I only had the phone for eight months)

So in short, if you are having issues of burn in on your phone, try taking it into the AT&T store and see what they can do to help. The call center was frustrating to deal with, but the way the store handled it was top notch customer service if you ask me.

dragonfire6

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I was coming into this forum to make a new post regarding this... I don't have a Focus but I have noticed the remnants from burn-in on every demo phone I play with... I understand these phones are on all the time but I don't want to have to avoid certain settings because of this happening... hoping the Focus S won't have this issue *fingers crossed*

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
@Rodolfo
The burn-in doesn't affect the overall contrast or viewing angle of the screen. It's a little disconcerting to see it happening, but I'm too into what's actually going on on my phone to worry about it.

Edit: I'm running the Mango flashlight app White Light which opens with a completely white screen, and I can't see any of the previous "burnt in" elements that I saw previously. I may may be able to see the slightest hint of the app bar, but I really can't be certain if I'm actually seeing it or not. Again, I'm not worried. I'd expect that by time the average user experiences noticeably permanent burn-in, they'll be eligible for an upgrade.

Thanks, Rico - from a fellow non-worrier.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
are you Steve Ballmer. Lol.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

LMAO!! i wish ;) i would have MANGO .. lol ...

I had some nasty burn in on my focus. You could see a lot of the letters from the keyboard (specifically the smiley face and paper clip). A couple names of people I text could be seen in the top left corner. The giant "People" in the people hub was starting to burn in as well, along with the text boxes for text messages.

im still surprise to hear people claiming they ALREADY have burn in ....

... TURN YOUR PHONE OFF ...

if you see your letter from you keyboarded .. you HAD to leave it open for like 2 hours a day every day from the day you got it... or your phone is defective... it normally takes a LONG time to see burn in SPECIALLY on cell phones cause the screen is always changing and moving,. you dont have ALLOT of static images like on a PC or Xbox ect.... ( like icons and such ) why do you leave your people HUB opened and not moving? lol ... put ur phone in standby when not in use!!!!

I was coming into this forum to make a new post regarding this... I don't have a Focus but I have noticed the remnants from burn-in on every demo phone I play with... I understand these phones are on all the time but I don't want to have to avoid certain settings because of this happening... hoping the Focus S won't have this issue *fingers crossed*

the FOCUS S will have this problem.. GUARANTY!!!any Screen with Individual PIXELS like plasma, AMOLED ect.. can suffer from BURN IN.. ( less and less as the tech evolves doh )

all a Burn in is:

its a damaged pixel, whose phosphors have been prematurely aged and therefore glow less intensely than those of surrounding pixels on the screen. The damaged or "burned in" pixel has developed a "memory" of the color information that was repeatedly fed to it in a static manner over a period of time..

BUT DONT WORRY!!!! you can Normally FIX bun in with a monotone gray or snow screen settings which recalibrate pixel intensity levels uniformly - thus eliminating any image retention (ghosting)

Maybe some DEV could make an APP for it .. they have one on ANDROID already... its quite simple and easy to make..

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb