Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. bazztrap's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
       #1  
    I bought it the 2nd week it was released ATT sold me an SD card for 16 gb and they said its compatible. After 2 months it started abruptly restarting. I believe at some point I surpassed the 8gb internal storage (Zune music) which might have caused it.
    But it is not just random restart, every once a while it will reset to factory settings but if I go to Settings--> about-->reset (restore default and remove all data) it will restart with all the old information and settings, this is weird and freaked me out the first time, trust me calling ATT and Samsung didn't help at all, MS only has twitter support which was not online in the night.

    Anyway anyone else with this issue and know how to fix it? It is bothering me now but not annoying , but one of these day I am sure it is going to reset to factory settings in the night and the alarm wont go off.
  2. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    #2  
    After a few random soft resets within a couple days I decided to toss out my SD card and wait for an official fix from either Samsung or Microsoft. I didn't want to play Russian roulette with my phone and I'd hate to brick it because of a memory card. I still have the card so I can reinstall it later.
  3. mstealth's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #3  
    I think this should be changed now many new things have some and samsung have to use this also.
  4. Loiselle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    216 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    After a few random soft resets within a couple days I decided to toss out my SD card and wait for an official fix from either Samsung or Microsoft. I didn't want to play Russian roulette with my phone and I'd hate to brick it because of a memory card. I still have the card so I can reinstall it later.
    I just did the same thing. 32GB SanDisk Class 4. It just sucks that if they do fix the Micro SD issue with this update, I will lose my unlock, because I would have to format the phone to use the card again. And I would lose all of the ringtones I have loaded on here.

    I am actually thinking about paying the $99 per year, also, to have a developer unlocked phone. So I can load the ringtones on my phone and not have to worry about the Chevron unlock.
  5. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,975 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post
    I just did the same thing. 32GB SanDisk Class 4. It just sucks that if they do fix the Micro SD issue with this update, I will lose my unlock, because I would have to format the phone to use the card again. And I would lose all of the ringtones I have loaded on here.

    I am actually thinking about paying the $99 per year, also, to have a developer unlocked phone. So I can load the ringtones on my phone and not have to worry about the Chevron unlock.
    wow... $99/yr for some ringtones. lol. sheesh!

    you must love you some ringtones.
  6. Loiselle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    216 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    wow... $99/yr for some ringtones. lol. sheesh!

    you must love you some ringtones.
    No, I actually plan on developing for the platform. I have some projects in the works.
  7. misfortune121's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #7  
    hohohoho $99 powwww
  8. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,975 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #8  
    cool... i was like "this person must have some off the hook ringtones"
  9. Loiselle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    216 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    cool... i was like "this person must have some off the hook ringtones"
    Nah... just an added bonus. Paying the $99 to add ringtones would be stupid. I did just look back at what I posted... and realized that I didn't word it how I wanted to!

    EDIT: Took the phone back this morning. Swapped with no issue. 12 hours in, no reboots or anything. Running without MicroSD card installed. Was able to unlock with ease. However, that should end once NoDo is released. So if you HAVE an unlocked phone, I'd wait to update it until a new unlock method is found.
    Last edited by Loiselle; 03-21-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Posting Permissions