Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I chose the Focus sub-forums because it is specific to this device... has anyone received the update that own a Focus? Are you on AT&T?
    Thanked by:
    KCMike 
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,275 Global Posts
    Focus here. No NoDo!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Another question... is there no way to force the update? ex. d/ling from an external link or even a direct OTA link from M$?

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    No NoDo here. I'm thinking we'll be one of the lat ones to get it. The only way to speed up the update process is to connect your Zune and check for an update in the settings menu. You won't see anything until Microsoft pushes the update to you your phone though.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    gotcha... thanks!

::sighs::

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    No NoDO here. AT&T
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    NaDa on the NoDo ...

AT&T | Missouri

Global Posts
    1,618 Global Posts
    Focus on AT&T, no update. I'm not going to get my hopes up for today, or even this week. That way, when it comes I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    Mary Jo Foley thinks it might be MONTHS until ATT Focus users see NoDo. Some European carrier was telling people April or May. Hopefully they're wrong because that's just disappointing. Microsoft did say March, so waiting until May first make sense...
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner

what about the pre NoDo?? did u guys get it?? im still on 7004 sw n' when i search 4 updates nothing...nada :-(

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    This is ridiculous. We are going at a once a year pace with updates at this point. If AT&T doesn't release it until April or May I will be pretty irritated.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    AT&T is notoriously slower than European carriers, and they're probably going to end up rolling into May.. so a June/July ETA for AT&T is by no means out of the question.

On top of that, us Samsung guys are the problem children in the first place :D

I'm just waiting for the HD7S to launch so I can eBay this Focus.

The Focus is the problem phone of the updates but don't think it will be longer then April MS knows they have to get them out and I think they will get it to us as soon possible well as fast as we can expect on att

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express Pro
    I need to look into getting an unlocked Dell Venue Pro. When I decided to buy the Focus, I *thought* I could escape the trap that has ensnared so many ATT and Samsung android users but I guess not. I don't know if Microsoft's head is stuck in the sand or some lowly, dark orifice, but whereever it is, they need to pull it out.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    While I'll keep my Focus, I'll pick up another phone if I have to wait until May. Think I'll pick up an Nokia N8, which can be had for a song these days.

And no, there's currently no way to force NoDo. You can remove the carrier string from the registry of an unlocked phone, but you'll only get the pre-NoDo update. Hopefully, XDA gets a ROM for the Focus or one of the European Samsung phone ROMs.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    While I'll keep my Focus, I'll pick up another phone if I have to wait until May. Think I'll pick up an Nokia N8, which can be had for a song these days.
    so you consider the focus unusable without NODO? huh?

the most important question: how do you pronounce nodo? no doe or no du?

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    I've been considering trying to unbrand my phone, but if that doesn't get me NoDo then there's no point. Have you guys contacted ATT Customer support to ask when they'll finish testing? I just sent a tweet to @ATT and @ATTCustomerCare. You should all ask so they know we care about updates.

I have been calling it No Doe
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Read this article on the main page.

I'd rather Microsoft and the carriers get the update right, rather than rush it out. Because if it isn't right, that would be much worse than late.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post
    Read this article on the main page.

I'd rather Microsoft and the carriers get the update right, rather than rush it out. Because if it isn't right, that would be much worse than late.
    agreed... either way, M$ loses. folks get mad when the OS is rushed, then they get mad when it takes some time. lol.

i'm tired of rushed OS. at&t is notorious for actually having a product that comes out the gate that works! how many of the smartphones has at&t released that needed an immediate software update? verizon? not so much.

i buy a phone for what it offers currently, never for what it will offer. i do want the update, but i'm not gonna get mad at M$ or AT&T... if they could, they would. how is it helping them to keep the update and not release it? it's not, so i'm sure they have good reason for holding it.
    Still on 7004

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    By design...

@ebopeep

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffluck View Post
    The most important question: how do you pronounce nodo? no doe or no du?
    I'm going with No Doe. Or should we go with No Dough? :D

Sent from my flippin' sweet Quantum using Board Express

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffluck View Post
    so you consider the focus unusable without NODO? huh?

the most important question: how do you pronounce nodo? no doe or no du?
    I never said that. The Focus is a great device and I find it suits almost all my needs, with the major exception of copy and paste. The "share" feature built into the OS is nice, but there are times when I need to "share" just a block of text in one email and into another. Or from a web page to a text.

I understand the OS not launching with it and the delays associated with carriers testing the updates. I even understand the lack of cut (it really is "copy" and paste). But to have to go six months without it would be ridiculous. It really sucks because I could gloss over the other shortcomings of the OS for a while longer if it just had copy and paste.

And "NoDo" comes from "no donuts", so I pronounce it accordingly.

According to Microsofts page about the update status, my carrier (Rogers Canada) has finished testing and now Microsoft is "scheduling" the NoDo update. So probly in a week or so it should be available to me.

For me, Pre-NoDo was available within days of releases, so I got that a while ago.

And please, people keep the replies on topic, take your baseless gripes elsewhere.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if this update fixed some of the Samsung Focus specific bugs? I really want to know if music still stutters the last 7 seconds of a track or if the voice commands work after headphones have been removed.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    The 7 sec stuttter is real annoying. Didn't know it was a Foucs specific issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMMa View Post
    Does anyone know if this update fixed some of the Samsung Focus specific bugs? I really want to know if music still stutters the last 7 seconds of a track or if the voice commands work after headphones have been removed.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast