keyboard freezing

r.martin11

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed last week that sometimes and now more than not, the touch keyboard on the Focus will freeze in the middle of typing and i have to wait for it to "catch up" to resume typing.

Anyone else have this problem? I wanna gauge how many have the problem then notify microsoft of the issue.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
hmmm... i've had this, but only in portrait, but wasn't sure if it was only lag or my screen no responding.

one of my good friends had the focus and said it was just as good when typing as the iPhone (or very close), so i'm leaning towards "lag" being the cause.

do you have it in landscape as well?

r.martin11

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I turned it off and it only improved very slightly. It does it more in SMS than in email. I even noticed that it has to do with the phone searching for Wifi at the same time as you type but turning that off too only barely helped. Hopefully the NoDo can help with some of these issues.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
haven't been typing much on my focus since updating to NoDo.

do you use twitter? does it happen in those apps as well?

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue since launch. I used the "Walsh-method" of putting NoDo on my phone and haven't noticed it since.. here's to hoping it's gone for good. Turning key-click off was not an option because not hearing the clicks was the only way I noticed that they keyboard had stopped responding.

For me, it happened with no memory card, an 8GB Class 2 and a 16GB Class 4, so it has nothing to do with the memory card. I also tried turning off feature where I could "teach" the keyboard new words, and that also didn't help. Turning WiFi off wouldn't effect it because I don't use WiFi to squeeze extra battery life out of it. I'm not sure what's causing it, but from what I could tell, nothing that I changed on the phone would effect it in any way. It would happen to me a few times a day, both in portrait or landscape. Hopefully, you'll only have to deal with it a few more days :)

@duvi it only seemed to happen (to me anyway) in the SMS app.. at least I never noticed it happening anywhere else. Maybe in Hotmail a few times? Primarily SMS, but that's primarily where I use the keyboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium