What is this error code 801812c1 on my focus?

1tuffdsm

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
error code 801812c1...on my focus?

i did the update process twice and got the same code,for feb update,didnt even make it past step 6, i even dowloaded the microsoft "fit it " and it said found no problem,the code ment some thing about drivers are outdatded?...the labtop im using xp i dont know if that has anything to do wit it lmk wat you think

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the same error and it was resolved by doing the following steps as outlined on the MS WP7 update troubleshooting page:
A Windows Mobile driver needed by the update was not able to be installed in time. Try the update again. If you continue to receive this error, ensure that the Windows Mobile driver is properly installed:

Unplug the USB cable from the phone.
Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds until the message Goodbye! appears.
Press the Power button again to turn the phone back on. As soon as the phone turns on and vibrates, press and hold the Camera button until the following "Connect to PC" screen appears. It may take a few moments for this to appear. Once the screen appears, you may release the Camera button.

Reconnect your phone using the USB cable.
Validate that the Windows Mobile driver is installed via Device Manager:

Click Start, right-click Computer , and then click Properties.
Click Device Manager.
Expand Portable Devices. The model name of your phone should now be listed.

If the entry under Portable Devices indicates an issue, run the Microsoft Fix It solution below. This solution will ensure your computer is correctly configured to receive driver updates.

Fix this problem
Microsoft Fix It 20024

If there are no issues, restart the phone: Press and hold the Power button until the phone restarts.
Try the update again.

Once I rebooted my phone into "Connect to PC" mode using the camera button and reconnnected my computer, the driver was installed. I was then able to restart and complete the Ferbruary update.

brodskyh

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
ERROR CODE 801812C1 - I've tried everything (I THINK)

Trying to upgrade my Samsung Focus on AT&T on my desktop running XP. My phone OS is version 7.0.7004.0 and the driver version is 4.7.965.0 (When I try to upgrade this it says it's up to date). My Zune software is up to date, too. I have tried 3 times now and keep getting stuck on step 6 of 10 with error code 801812C1. I have gone through all the troubleshooting tips (including trying to install FixIt with no problems found and also going through the device manager to upgrade drivers) and have no luck. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I got the same error and it was resolved by doing the following steps as outlined on the MS WP7 update troubleshooting page:

Once I rebooted my phone into "Connect to PC" mode using the camera button and reconnnected my computer, the driver was installed. I was then able to restart and complete the Ferbruary update.

Did the Microsoft help page actually say Windows Mobile, not Windows Phone? That's sad, and confusing.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

brodskyh

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have tried removing & then reinstalling the drivers for both Zune software and my WP7. I even uninstalled the Zune software and reinstalled just to give it a shot... NOTHING WORKS! I keep getting stuck with this error code.

One thing I noticed... If I ever unplug a USB device without going through the 'safetly remove' process, it kills my WiFi connection and I have to repair it. During step 6, when it reboots my phone, the connection gets lost.

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but I'll mention none the less. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you...

mrsdsgn

May 2, 2012
Visit site
FIXED!!!! I was having same problem with my Dell Venue Pro Cell Phone with Windows 7. After trying all the steps I found on every forum. I restarted both my phone and computer multiple times., nothing seemed to work.....I always just use the closest USB cord I can find that fits my phone. I decided to try the USB cord that came from Dell with my phone. This worked the first time. There must be certain drivers that are only found the the company specific USB cord. So I recommend trying your Samsing original OEM USB cord. Hope this helps

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
re:

Wow this old thread has sure come in handy. I pulled out my old focus S and was trying to update the OS and I got the same error message. I was using my Nokia USB cord from my lumia 900. I dug out my Samsung cord and it worked perfectly. This forum rocks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven