Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Do FM transmitters for cars work with Windows Phones? Just to be clear, I'm talking about the ones that plug in to the cigarette lighter and have a USB plugin.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    i was wondering the same thing, did you find out yet??

i was talking to my tecky friend the other day and it seems to be a Universal thing , but its true that wp7 does work a little diffrently

Not sure, try one.

Or you can just get the one that hooks up via the audio cable to the phone; guaranteed to work.

I use the Motorola Roadster (available for about $50 on Amazon) with my Focus. It holds a charge for a few days (comes with a car charger), and the FM transmitter works flawlessly. Much better than "wired" transmitters I've previously purchased at Best Buy. (Obviously, if you have an aux input with your car stereo, that will get you good quality).

Plus, it works as a Bluetooth speakerphone with voice dialing.

Amazon.com: Motorola Roadster Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone (Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    awsome.. im gona get me one of does.

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    hold up, i have the answer on this one....

i bought a monster fm transmitter on amazon, it was around 30 bucks. but it is by far the best fm transmitter on the market. it literally gives me hd quality sound ( on my htc hd7) and i live in a moderatly populated area, so lots of radio stations. it is never fuzzy unless i am taking a long trip and then it is just a matter of changing the station. it has 3 preset stations which are programmable. no batteries required of course. and yes fm transmitters will work for any device with a aux out. has nothing to do with the OS.
    Thanked by:
    jfa1