Will a new 32 gig sd card erase my contacts

Bone Cell

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at Amazon at 32 gig SD cards that claim to work on the focus. After I do the hard reset do I loose my contacts? What all is deleted from the phone on a hard reset?
THANKS!!

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you not syncing your contacts to an email account like hotmail or gmail?

Reset takes everything off the phone and restores it to factory settings. A base install of the OS. Your contacts shouldn't be stored in the OS [only] unless you put them all in manually and chose not to sync your contacts with any service.

If your contacts are syncing to an email or exchange service, they will simply be downloaded to your device after you reset once you add the account (such as your hotmail account) they are located in.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Everything. Brings your phone back to its original, out of the box, state. Any Microsoft updates you have installed will still be there though.

Your contacts should already be synced with Windows Live and will return as soon as you ente your Live ID. Same for calendar. Some apps will auto-download, but you will have to reinstall the rest. And you will need to setup sync with Zune again.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

rsohne

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
I purchased the 32gig Sandisk card from AT&T and have been using it in my Focus for months with zero issues. When I purchased it, I was told by the rep that it was compatible and could be returned if I had any problems with it. Couldn't say if it voids warranty or not.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the 32gig Sandisk card from AT&T and have been using it in my Focus for months with zero issues. When I purchased it, I was told by the rep that it was compatible and could be returned if I had any problems with it. Couldn't say if it voids warranty or not.

Really? The only officially supported card is an 8GB Sandisk. I'm pretty surprised they sold you that.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
save your contacts to SIM , then when u reboot ,,, go to people ,- settings , Import contacks from SIM

this is best way , unless you have over 500 contacts ( not including facebook/ twiiter)

or get HOTMAIL.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
rsohne is yours a class 4 if not what class? I just purchased a class 4 sandisk on ebay for 49.99 w free shipping. I am hoping it works will kepp the forum posted when it gets here and gets installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb