Samsung Focus Speaker Problems!

sgiri

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me on two phones!

The speaker starts clicking and popping (faintly) when not in use. The phone is locked, nothing playing, and the speaker starts popping... weird.

I turn off the phone and turn it back on, and the speaker works.. but the sound is 'tinny'. It's kinda hard to notice without reference, but all the bass is gone.

I took it to AT&T and they eventually replaced it, but it was hard to convince the rep that there was a difference. When playing a few of the ringtones (that have bass/mid-tones) it is obvious when compared to new phones.

Anyone else have this problem???

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you listen to your phone at full volume? Maybe you blew the speaker.

I know there's a debug menu that people were using to boost the speaker to be louder. Some people turned it too high and had popping. Did you mess with this at all? Maybe you need to tweak the volume down in there.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
it sounds ( lol ) like you damaged your speaker * blown it * but i dont see hwot hat is even possible with Cell phonse ( specially we have no sounds booster on the FOCUS )

sooo , what now comes to mind is .... probly water damaged.

june4me

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Similar problem just happened to my phone last week. I was listening to music through the speaker and all the sudden the sound just diminished. I tried to do the sound boost but it never engaged. It is getting worse as I could hardly hear anything through the speaker now. Phoned Samsung technical support today and they made me reset my phone. So I lost everything and of course it didn't fix the problem. I can't wear earphones all the time and I need to hear my phone ring. Does anything know how to fix this problem? Samsung wants me to send my phone back for repair. My fear is that they would make more damage. I bought it in March 2011 so I'm still under warranty. I wonder if I could just ask for a new phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99