Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    AT&T announces new Windows Phone lineup

"The Samsung Focus™ S takes the success of the original Focus to the next level with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, a 1.4 GHz processor, 4G speeds and a super thin profile. It also includes front and rear facing cameras to capture a moment or connect with friends.

The third phone in the lineup is the Samsung Focus™ Flash. The Focus Flash is a great pocket phone with a 3.7-inch Super AMOLED screen, but still packs a speedy 1.4 GHz processor. This phone is great for people looking for a high performance phone at a value packed price."

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts
    samoled.... cannot wait till feb. when i can get a new phone.
    yep... yep...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetelvis View Post
    samoled.... cannot wait till feb. when i can get a new phone.
    the FOCUS is: S-AMOLED .. this new focus s is : S-AMOLED-PLUS even better :)
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts
    well then im just gonna have to +1 my excitement for it then. does it still have expandable memory?
    yep... yep...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetelvis View Post
    well then im just gonna have to +1 my excitement for it then. does it still have expandable memory?
    dunno yet . it better lol.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Well, this explains why ATT has been giving the first gen Focus away lately. Nice bump in the processor department, but the front facing cam I really have no use for. Will be hanging on to my two day old Focus for the duration methinks. Very excited about them jumping out in front of the Mango rollout, though.

Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts
    My boyfriend sold his iPhone today on eBay for a Focus and saw the headline for the new phones. He surpressed a sigh LOL but we are buying our phones outright so even if he had waited, we couldn't afford to pick it up outright
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    I like the idea of having a front facing camera, it would definitely come in handy when taking pictures. However, I'd probably almost never use it for video calls. Most of my friends have smartphones and I never hear them talk about video calls either.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    I was thinking the Focus was just the name of one phone, but now it sounds like it's going to be the Galaxy brand of WP7. These new phones sound exciting. Here's hoping Samsung stays in the game.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]

Global Posts
    2,438 Global Posts
    Well My wife has the iphone 4 and my daughter has a 3GS My daughter has the Tango program which uses the rear camera to show our granson at play etc so video calling can be great for talking with ones children and watching the grankids in action. He's only 16 months and not talking thats really undeerstanable to us. That same tango program is supposed to be coming to WP7 as well.