Power button busted on Focus

ptk8ofbh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Out of nowhere (I was actually using the device at the time), my Focus thinks that the power button is stuck down. The only way I can get the phone to turn on is when I boot into download mode (Vol up + camera) when I pop the battery in, and I have no way to turn my phone or screen off.
Once I have power, I can use the camera button to turn it on, just a minor annoyance.

So, I've got a new device coming under warranty this week, but I still want to try and fix it (or find a way to port my data). Anyone have any ideas? Spent a good portion of the weekend troubleshooting it so far, and I'm sure it is the power button. It's not physically stuck, either, so I'm not sure if an internal connection came loose or something.

I'm starting to become more interested in finding a way to port my data, as I'm out of ideas on how to fix/troubleshoot it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I do daily, but I don't have a backup if that's what you're getting at (new PC since 7392..)
I tried the tool on XDA, but no luck with that, as the device doesn't reboot properly

When you say, "...port your data..", are you talking about pictures? music? games?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss