Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By loofmodnar
  1. kalldrexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
       #1  
    I forced the upgrade on my Samsung Focus (1.3 I believe). The first update it tried to do was 7392, which failed with an error code of 80180048.

    Anyone else see this?
  2. kalldrexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
       #2  
    Nevermind, Apparently I walshed my phone with NoDo. I had to use the Walsh support tool (“Walshed” Phone Support Tool: official fix to get you back on track - Chris Walsh) to fix it. Now everything works :D
  3. NSH
    NSH is offline
    NSH's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #3  
    Unfortunately I had walshied my phone to nodo before and had already ran the 'fix' months ago.
    Received the same error as you while trying to update (It attempts 3792).

    I have re-ran the walsh fix, uninstalled/reinstalled Zune but so far nothing is working.

    Edit: Just tried it again. Failed.
  4. moirane's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #4  
    Having the same problem here, tried Hard Reset, Walsh fix, nothing seems to work (girlfriend got the update message and updated just fine, we are both on Focus v1.3) anyone have any ideas to try?
  5. moirane's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #5  
    NSH if you read this try re-running the Walsh fix and choose all language packs, that worked for me
  6. NSH
    NSH is offline
    NSH's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #6  
    Moirane - Was you phone set to English only prior to selecting all language packs in the walsh tool?
  7. moirane's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #7  
    I am almost sure, but I don't actually remember, I am usually very good about removing all languages, I read on another forum that someone tried the Walsh tool and it didnt work then they reran it with all languages selected and it worked and I tried it and it worked, I don't know what the harm is though if you select languages you didnt have so use at your own risk?
  8. NSH
    NSH is offline
    NSH's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #8  
    Ran through the following (using V2 of the Support tools)
    Using the Windows Phone Support Tool on errors 80180080, 800705B4, 80180048 or C101002E when updating your phone

    It did not fix the problem.

    My issue with the language pack is that Walsh says on many occasions to only pick what is selected on your phone. Which in my case is English (US). WOnder if picking all language packs will hose future updates?
  9. NSH
    NSH is offline
    NSH's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #9  
    Mango beta 2: error 80180048 - App Hub Forums

    Look for a post from Rafael R.

    Looks like you can use a V3 version of the Walsh tool to fix the issue (Read his instructions) or rerun the tool selecting the language packs.

    While I only had English checked other languages were present (and selectable) on the device. Picked the correct languages on the walsh tool and ran his 'fix'

    I didn't run the V3 tool so I can't attest if it works or not. Rerunning Walsh Tool V2 did and selecting all the language packs shown on my device under keyboard did resolve the issue and I now have 7392 installed!

    Thanks Moirane as you directed me toward the right solution!!!
  10. jfa1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,414 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by moirane View Post
    Having the same problem here, tried Hard Reset, Walsh fix, nothing seems to work (girlfriend got the update message and updated just fine, we are both on Focus v1.3) anyone have any ideas to try?
    heres what the eror code brought up in Yahoo search

    How to solve,fix 80180048 error and issue in windows phone 7 using walshed tool a guide | tech news and updates about iOS 5,iOS 4.3.5,iOS 4.3.4,iOS 5.1 and jailbreak ios 5.1
  11. loofmodnar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #11  
    I got the Walshed phone error for the 7392 update too. Even after running the de-walsh tool.

    The directions are slightly confusing about selecting installed languages. When it says all installed languages which means everything listed under keyboard. I didn't get that the first couple of times I ran it and based on what I've read I'm not the only one. One more screen shot on the tool's page would have saved me a lot of confusion.
    edm4life likes this.
  12. edm4life's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    I forced the upgrade on my Samsung Focus (1.3 I believe). The first update it tried to do was 7392, which failed with an error code of 80180048.

    use the walsh fix. You may have used it before but you may have done it wrong.
    download and install support tools (if you dont have it installed already)
    download and run walsh fix
    both available here:
    €œWalshed€ Phone Support Tool: official fix to get you back on track - Chris Walsh
    select the languages shown on your phone under settings>keyboard
    for me it was all languages but two
    run it and you should be good
    Last edited by edm4life; 09-28-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: quote
    Thanked by:
    jfa1 

Posting Permissions