I recently acquired a HTC Trophy and am within my 14 day return period. I am not entirely happy with the phone (camera, data speed, etc.) and am considering returning it and signing up for ATT service. Since the return policy of ATT is 30 days, I can also switch devices if ATT releases a second gen WP7 device in the next 30 days.

My 'issues' with the Trophy:

1. Data speeds are slow
    2. Weird haptic feedback behavior
    3. Smaller screen

My question is, how does the Focus compare with the HTC Trophy?
    09-30-2011 12:17 PM
    I can't tell you how they compare but I do know I really like it. I also got it for free from AT&T.

I don't think AT&T is going to release another WP7 in 30 days. I am hoping they will release the HTC Titan or the Samsung Focus S
    09-30-2011 12:38 PM
    I can't tell you how they compare but I do know I really like it. I also got it for free from AT&T.

I don't think AT&T is going to release another WP7 in 30 days. I am hoping they will release the HTC Titan or the Samsung Focus S
    Well the rumor is that the Samsung Focus S will be released in October. Not sure about the Titan. If the rumor doesn't hold up then I will cancel my service in 30 days and then get new service once a new phone is available. I like WP7, but not willing to commit to 2 years with a first-gen WP7 phone.
    09-30-2011 12:46 PM
    09-30-2011 12:51 PM
    I'll ditto everything TS said, although the Focus is the ideal size for me and I won't be ready to end my $0 device-cost advantage any time soon.

But, it's probably fair to acknowledge that with the Focus, some users tend to drool over that super AMOLED screen, usually starting at the store. ;)
    tsaunders80 likes this.
    09-30-2011 12:53 PM
    ...I like WP7, but not willing to commit to 2 years with a first-gen WP7 phone.
    If you find a WP7 phone that you like and would rather be on a 30 day and out contract, just buy the phone direct. eBay and NewEgg are a couple of places to check. NewEgg has the Focus for $239: Newegg.com - Samsung Focus SGH-I917 Black 3G Windows Phone 7 Cell Phone For AT&T
    09-30-2011 12:56 PM
    The Focus S is just a rumor for now and the Focus is free right now (which was one of my deciding factors). I also needed a phone and couldn't wait for something else to come out.
    09-30-2011 01:42 PM
    The Focus S is just a rumor for now and the Focus is free right now (which was one of my deciding factors). I also needed a phone and couldn't wait for something else to come out.
    It's a rumor?
    09-30-2011 02:16 PM
    It's a rumor?
    The Focus S is legit. However, I don't believe it's been announced which carrier is getting it.
    09-30-2011 03:53 PM
    The Focus S is legit. However, I don't believe it's been announced which carrier is getting it.
    AT&T Samsung Focus S and Focus Flash plus HTC Titan due Q4 - SlashGear
    09-30-2011 03:56 PM
    Sweet. Looks like the Misses might be getting a hand-me-down Focus.
    baseballbert likes this.
    09-30-2011 03:59 PM
    I recently acquired a HTC Trophy and am within my 14 day return period. I am not entirely happy with the phone (camera, data speed, etc.) and am considering returning it and signing up for ATT service. Since the return policy of ATT is 30 days, I can also switch devices if ATT releases a second gen WP7 device in the next 30 days.

1. Data speeds are slow
    3. Smaller screen

The Focus is a great phone and has a terrific camera. The biggest downside is that it's plastic and lacks the more solid feel of the Trophy. If you want to wait for the Focus S you could always buy a cheapo pre-paid to hold you over for a month or so. I paid full price for my Focus and the only thing I regret is the lack of good cases available.
    09-30-2011 04:21 PM
    The Focus is a great phone and has a terrific camera. The biggest downside is that it's plastic and lacks the more solid feel of the Trophy. If you want to wait for the Focus S you could always buy a cheapo pre-paid to hold you over for a month or so. I paid full price for my Focus and the only thing I regret is the lack of good cases available.
    I already have an iPhone on ATT, so don't need a phone line per se. I am a phone geek which is why I like to carry two phones on two different platforms.
    threed61 likes this.
    09-30-2011 04:25 PM
    Get a tpu gel case, phone will feel solid as a rock.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express
    10-02-2011 11:44 PM

1. Data speeds are slow
    3. Smaller screen

My HTC Surround recently broke (after 8 months of use) and I replaced it with a Samsung Focus I bought from ebay. The Focus' screen is larger and looks a lot nicer. However, the Surround's sound quality is much better than the Focus. I agree that HTC's haptic feedback feels weird, but it wasn't a deal breaker. What does annoy me, a little, about the Focus, is how the softkeys turn off after a few seconds. It's a little hard to find at times, especially in darker environments. But, overall, happy with the switch from HTC to Samsung.
    10-03-2011 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD