Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rodolfo#WP
  • 1 Post By HeyCori
  • 1 Post By mapexvenus

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I recently acquired a HTC Trophy and am within my 14 day return period. I am not entirely happy with the phone (camera, data speed, etc.) and am considering returning it and signing up for ATT service. Since the return policy of ATT is 30 days, I can also switch devices if ATT releases a second gen WP7 device in the next 30 days.

My 'issues' with the Trophy:

1. Data speeds are slow
    2. Weird haptic feedback behavior
    3. Smaller screen

My question is, how does the Focus compare with the HTC Trophy?

I can't tell you how they compare but I do know I really like it. I also got it for free from AT&T.

I don't think AT&T is going to release another WP7 in 30 days. I am hoping they will release the HTC Titan or the Samsung Focus S

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders80 View Post
    I can't tell you how they compare but I do know I really like it. I also got it for free from AT&T.

I don't think AT&T is going to release another WP7 in 30 days. I am hoping they will release the HTC Titan or the Samsung Focus S
    Well the rumor is that the Samsung Focus S will be released in October. Not sure about the Titan. If the rumor doesn't hold up then I will cancel my service in 30 days and then get new service once a new phone is available. I like WP7, but not willing to commit to 2 years with a first-gen WP7 phone.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,507 Global Posts
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'll ditto everything TS said, although the Focus is the ideal size for me and I won't be ready to end my $0 device-cost advantage any time soon.

But, it's probably fair to acknowledge that with the Focus, some users tend to drool over that super AMOLED screen, usually starting at the store. ;)
    tsaunders80 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mapexvenus View Post
    ...I like WP7, but not willing to commit to 2 years with a first-gen WP7 phone.
    If you find a WP7 phone that you like and would rather be on a 30 day and out contract, just buy the phone direct. eBay and NewEgg are a couple of places to check. NewEgg has the Focus for $239: Newegg.com - Samsung Focus SGH-I917 Black 3G Windows Phone 7 Cell Phone For AT&T
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

The Focus S is just a rumor for now and the Focus is free right now (which was one of my deciding factors). I also needed a phone and couldn't wait for something else to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders80 View Post
    The Focus S is just a rumor for now and the Focus is free right now (which was one of my deciding factors). I also needed a phone and couldn't wait for something else to come out.
    It's a rumor?
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    It's a rumor?
    The Focus S is legit. However, I don't believe it's been announced which carrier is getting it.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    The Focus S is legit. However, I don't believe it's been announced which carrier is getting it.
    AT&T Samsung Focus S and Focus Flash plus HTC Titan due Q4 - SlashGear
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Sweet. Looks like the Misses might be getting a hand-me-down Focus.
    baseballbert likes this.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    I recently acquired a HTC Trophy and am within my 14 day return period. I am not entirely happy with the phone (camera, data speed, etc.) and am considering returning it and signing up for ATT service. Since the return policy of ATT is 30 days, I can also switch devices if ATT releases a second gen WP7 device in the next 30 days.

1. Data speeds are slow
    3. Smaller screen

The Focus is a great phone and has a terrific camera. The biggest downside is that it's plastic and lacks the more solid feel of the Trophy. If you want to wait for the Focus S you could always buy a cheapo pre-paid to hold you over for a month or so. I paid full price for my Focus and the only thing I regret is the lack of good cases available.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    The Focus is a great phone and has a terrific camera. The biggest downside is that it's plastic and lacks the more solid feel of the Trophy. If you want to wait for the Focus S you could always buy a cheapo pre-paid to hold you over for a month or so. I paid full price for my Focus and the only thing I regret is the lack of good cases available.
    I already have an iPhone on ATT, so don't need a phone line per se. I am a phone geek which is why I like to carry two phones on two different platforms.
    threed61 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,088 Global Posts
    Get a tpu gel case, phone will feel solid as a rock.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts

1. Data speeds are slow
    3. Smaller screen

My HTC Surround recently broke (after 8 months of use) and I replaced it with a Samsung Focus I bought from ebay. The Focus' screen is larger and looks a lot nicer. However, the Surround's sound quality is much better than the Focus. I agree that HTC's haptic feedback feels weird, but it wasn't a deal breaker. What does annoy me, a little, about the Focus, is how the softkeys turn off after a few seconds. It's a little hard to find at times, especially in darker environments. But, overall, happy with the switch from HTC to Samsung.