Can't update Now App

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I know there was an update for the Live Tile to actually show current weather. My wife's Focus got the update and while she was on RTM Mango and is still working fine on official Mango. But I can't seem to get the update to go through on my Focus with official Mango. I keep getting a Marketplace error: 80320011

I decided to uninstall and reinstall from the Marketplace. But now it shows a message:

"(!) This app is not available for your device. Tap here for more info."

.... and when I tap on it I get:

"App not available. This might be because your phone software needs to be updated, the app is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or app is not available in your region"

Any ideas? Like I said, my wife's updated just fine and we are on the same version of Mango.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine updated fine too ninjaap but when i go into my Samsung Zone it looks as if the app has been temporarily removed. (No error showing here)

This happened for a few days not long ago too. Maybe just fixing something.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
That's what I though had happened since I tried to reinstall via windowsphone.com. It tells me that they "can't retrieve app". But when I go into samung zone it shows, but tells me that it is not compatible with my device. I guess I'm going to just download one of the other weather apps for now.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i'm sure it's just a temporary blip, it'll be OK soon. Accuweather is quite nice now with its pinnable location live tiles ninjaap.

Give it a whirl and see what you think. :)

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Great suggestion! That's what I used when I had my Surround, because I didn't like the little advertising they did with the HTC weather app.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It does say accuweather on the live tile though Grrrrr, but looks nice when you have multiple locations pinned.

Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain! well thats what you get for living in Scotland I guess. :(

The tiles flip over to reveal max and min temps. Looks good. :)

RayDoggBengal

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Good news, bad news!

(good news) I updated both my focuses and the NOW program updated and worked great.

(bad news) I decided to put a SD card in one. Long story short; after hard reset and going back up to mango NOW wouln't update. Deleted NOW and it wouldn't reinstall. Removed the SD restored back to premango back, walked back up to Mango and NOW still won't update.

The only chance I see of getting the updated one again on my first Focus is to wait until AT&T official release of Mango then doing another reset and see if it'll load then.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Forced or not, you got the official update, because MS server will check your phone's IMEI and will push the correct update to your phone.

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
It does say accuweather on the live tile though Grrrrr, but looks nice when you have multiple locations pinned.

Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain! well thats what you get for living in Scotland I guess. :(

The tiles flip over to reveal max and min temps. Looks good. :)

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you pin multiple tiles? I got it installed but can't figure out how to pin multiple cities.

DiegoEnzo

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
same problem here

Good news, bad news!

(good news) I updated both my focuses and the NOW program updated and worked great.

(bad news) I decided to put a SD card in one. Long story short; after hard reset and going back up to mango NOW wouln't update. Deleted NOW and it wouldn't reinstall. Removed the SD restored back to premango back, walked back up to Mango and NOW still won't update.

The only chance I see of getting the updated one again on my first Focus is to wait until AT&T official release of Mango then doing another reset and see if it'll load then.

I did exactly the same as you (just to probe pny class 10 16gb still doesn't work) and now won't update (error 80320011) Have you had luck?

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here

I've got the same problem ninjaap. Just won't update with the same error message.

Omnia 7 on Virgin Mobile

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb