Samsung Focus Alarm now too loud?

Demonic858

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been asked...when searching I only found older posts regarding the alarm being to low. Anyways, since going Mango my alarm is now way too loud. Even though my main volume is set to 1. Even when I select the tone for my alarm and hit play to sample/hear the tone it matches the main volume setting, however when the alarm actually goes off it's more like an 8 or 9. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's annoying and even freaks me waking up so sudden from a deafening alarm. :) Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i haven’t notice it being much louder , but i also dont notice any option for alarm volume , kind of shiiity....

you might want too look up alarm apps that may have more options.

i like : Music Alarm Clock

it sorta hurts the battery doh , but it still works.

zavarka

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Seeing the same issue

Sorry if this has already been asked...when searching I only found older posts regarding the alarm being to low. Anyways, since going Mango my alarm is now way too loud. Even though my main volume is set to 1. Even when I select the tone for my alarm and hit play to sample/hear the tone it matches the main volume setting, however when the alarm actually goes off it's more like an 8 or 9. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's annoying and even freaks me waking up so sudden from a deafening alarm. :) Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

This exact problem is happening on my Focus after the Mango update (7720). Even with Mango Beta the alarm volume would initially be very soft and gradually increasing. Now, the alarm is blasting away, awfully loud, and startles me and everyone else in the house at 6 am. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)!

Calnor

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
This exact problem is happening on my Focus after the Mango update (7720). Even with Mango Beta the alarm volume would initially be very soft and gradually increasing. Now, the alarm is blasting away, awfully loud, and startles me and everyone else in the house at 6 am. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)!

I'm interested to know which alarm sound you use. I have the problem of sometimes, nay most of the time sleeping through mine. So an alarm that blast away may be beneficial to me. That is one of my few complains about WP7. I wish it had seperate volume profiles for the phone and the alarm.

charmichan

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Seeing the same issue

I updated to Mango yesterday on my Samsung Focus. This morning the alarm was ridiculously loud and nearly woke up the baby! Not good!! I jumped up and checked the volume, but it was at 4 already. The alarm was going like it was at 25 or 30.

I can't risk this happening again. I'm going to have to use my husband's iPhone for our alarm until we can get a fix/workaround for this.

Model: Samsung SGH-i917 (AT&T)
Firmware: 2103.11.8.1
Hardware: 3.1.0.7
Software: Windows * Phone 7.5

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The Focus alarm works great for me, although I only use it when I'm on the road. When the alarm goes off in the morning, it starts out at a nice level (I'd guess at about a 12 to 15/30 level) and goes for about 10 tones; then it stops for a moment and if I have ignored it, or not heard it (impossible for me), I'll get a second then-louder 10 tones. If I still ignore it, it insists with a third still-louder set of tones. I suppose it keeps getting louder for each subsequent set of tones, but I've never tested this. It may be that some users are not hearing it until the later stages. The softer-first alert, louder-second alert response also holds for the snooze function.

BTW, I don't believe the volume setting affects the alarm at all as I always leave my phone at 00 overnight (phone calls will vibrate loud enough for me to hear).

Disclaimer: Your hearing, etc. may vary, and Settings may affect some of the above. Pleasant, calm awakenings to all. ;)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
the volume has always seemed to be loud even before the Mango update I like the numbers on the display as opposed to the way it was before. I just keep fiddling with it to get it where I want I usually keep it around 5 or so or at zero when I go to Court at time I forget to unmute it.

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bring this thread back to life. I'm with you Demonic858. Having got the Mango update (but not a firmware update) the alarm was fine.

But once I, finally, got the firmware update (on my Omnia 7) the alarm is obnoxious.

It used to be that regardless of the volume the alarm was set at, it would start at the same, very quiet, volume and slowly get louder.

Now it shocks me out of bed. It's really horrible.

I hate to use a third party alarm, a) because this one should work and b) why install something when it's already in the OS.

Has anyone found a solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa