Anyone want the 8107 update on their Focus NOW?

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Registry Changes to get 7.10.8107 update on Samsung Focus AT&T - xda-developers

Follow the method described in the previous thread entitled "You want to know the best thing about a Focus?" to developer and interop unlock your device.

Once you have the ability to deploy XAPs, download a registry editor - I used WP Root Tools by Heathcliff from the XDA forums.

Then follow the directions in the above link. Note - do NOT change the registry values back to AT&T and Focus until after ALL updates are complete. Trust me - THIS WORKS. I have 8107 on my Focus now and this, from what I've read, is better than deploy .cab updates. This *should* be the SAME UPDATE AT&T will provide later on, if they do at all.

Any questions, I'll be happy to try to answer.

sumorabbit

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I successfully used this method.

My numbers now read

OS Version: 7.10.8107
Firmware 2103.11.8.1
Hardware 3.1.0.7

I'm on AT&T, Focus 1.3, and I'm in the Black Hills of South Dakota. If I can get this to work, anyone can. Just, please for the sake of your phone, read the direction a few times before starting. Remember to change the registry values back before updating, etc.

My unlock is Windowsbreak, so I'm stoked that it worked for this. I interop unlocked with windowsbreak, not really expecting a true unlock since it was done on my phone. However, I got the root tools to side load on so I could change the registry for this update, so I'd say it's a major win. My keyboard no longer disappears, and my gmail hasn't glitched yet. This is dang cool.

ajwitzel

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Works!

I have run through the process described on XDA. Had to run the interop-unlock hack before I could get the registry edit tool installed. I had been ChevronWP7 unlocked up to this point.

OS 7.10.8107.79
FW 2103.11.8.1
HW 3.1.0.7
Radio SW 2103.11.8.1
Radio HW 0.0.0.3

Update: I had to reset the phone several times for all the supposed "fixes" to take hold. Ex - Outlook kept truncating emails I would send (did several replies and forwards with same result) until after the third reset. Not sure if this is typical, but wanted to add this info.

Last edited:

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have run through the process described on XDA. Had to run the interop-unlock hack before I could get the registry edit tool installed. I had been ChevronWP7 unlocked up to this point.

OS 7.10.8107.79
FW 2103.11.8.1
HW 3.1.0.7
Radio SW 2103.11.8.1
Radio HW 0.0.0.3

Update: I had to reset the phone several times for all the supposed "fixes" to take hold. Ex - Outlook kept truncating emails I would send (did several replies and forwards with same result) until after the third reset. Not sure if this is typical, but wanted to add this info.

Also something that I'm not sure anyone has pointed out - I used to have the "battery symbol would show still charging" problem when I'd unplug my Focus on occasion. Since I updated I haven't seen that problem again. And I've tried numerous times to replicate it.

The problem wasn't really a big deal before, but at least its fixed now.

Are you getting better battery life? I've noticed its a bit better since 8107.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
My 32gb-card and 7720 installs went smoothly, and have worked relatively flawlessly; I haven't done any other updates since 7720. I have an att-enabled unlock. What functionalities or features would 8107 bring? Is there a WP post or link that describes this? Is there a Microsoft one? I checked the xda Focus forum and didn't see an efficient summary. Thank you.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My 32gb-card and 7720 installs went smoothly, and have worked relatively flawlessly; I haven't done any other updates since 7720. I have an att-enabled unlock. What functionalities or features would 8107 bring? Is there a WP post or link that describes this? Is there a Microsoft one? I checked the xda Focus forum and didn't see an efficient summary. Thank you.
Updated the Carrier data configuration database
Updated Radio Interface Layer, SMS & SIM drivers
SMS & Contacts ?bug? fixed
Updated the Updater Service
Updated the Internet Sharing Security Policy
Updated the HowTo Application
Fixed the Location bug where it shares your information without your knowledge in certain core apps.
Updates to Zune & the Pictures Hub
Updates to the Default Zune Tuner configuration
TCP IP stack updates
Updates to the MSHTML parser for IE9
Updates to the Maps & Search functions
Updates to UI framework driving the phone (Splash or UIX as some call it)

ni_ck85

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just as an update to my earlier post, I had to do a hard reset in order to get my phone to run right, my third party apps would crash imme diately upon opening them and my marketplace wasn't working, but after the reset everything is working fine.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. My phone worked without hitch. I have it Windowsbreak/interop unlocked and I didn't even have to reboot my phone. It just said update installed successfully and I was off on my way. All of my third party apps work and I can still install xaps.

ajwitzel

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting better battery life? I've noticed its a bit better since 8107.

I used to get barely a day on moderate to heavy use on 7720. Now that I'm on 8107 I've noticed that it has progressively gotten better where I can get almost 2 days with the same amount of use. I also have the HSDPA/HSUPA and dualmode hacks turned on. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

f1camaro

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I also used this method and now have my AT&T focus that i got off ebay updated to 8773 tango last night.Thanks for the great info.

Sorry i didn't use that exact method,i just changed the carrier from ATT-US to ROG-CA and then i was able to get all the updates starting from 7720.

mgateno

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the side loaded 8107 and have tried everything to get Tango but no dice. Have tried the reg change, and tried the Zune 2s unplug methods. No success.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is a factory reset before looking for the update.

Any suggestions are welcome.

BlueCane

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to 8107. I thought everything was working perfectly but now my phone app will not open. I can not access my call history at all. I can dial numbers via the people hub but I can not manually input numbers? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786