Absolutely cannot unlock my focus

Zeidricht

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
so, recently, i made the decision to sell my old focus since i got the S when it came out, and i went to unlock it

At&t gave up the unlock code fairly easily , which amazed me, but every procedure they gave me to unlock it(dialing in both with and without sim) via the unlock code failed

so finally they told me that i Absolutely needed to have a non-at&t sim card in it and when it promted for the unlock code to just put it in, no hastle

"well, that sounds to good to be true"............and it was

i went to pick up a chap 10$ tracfone for its generic simcard, registered it, and popped it into the focus and was greeted with a "invalid sim:emergency calls only"

really? Seriously?

so i called up samsung to be told the same thing, with absolutely no other helpful information given to me, and now i dont know what to do

id like to sell it, but im not going to if its at&t branded,and i cant give it away to someone i know, because the few people i do know that may have wanted it dont have the money for data

so, anyone know anything about whats going on here, because i have no clue

thanks in advance for the replies

Edit : nevermind, if you access the diagnosis menu and hit the network lock codes with an old at&t sim card , you can use your unlock # from there, much easier that way

Last edited:

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
so, recently, i made the decision to sell my old focus since i got the S when it came out, and i went to unlock it

At&t gave up the unlock code fairly easily , which amazed me, but every procedure they gave me to unlock it(dialing in both with and without sim) via the unlock code failed

so finally they told me that i Absolutely needed to have a non-at&t sim card in it and when it promted for the unlock code to just put it in, no hastle

"well, that sounds to good to be true"............and it was

i went to pick up a chap 10$ tracfone for its generic simcard, registered it, and popped it into the focus and was greeted with a "invalid sim:emergency calls only"

really? Seriously?

so i called up samsung to be told the same thing, with absolutely no other helpful information given to me, and now i dont know what to do

id like to sell it, but im not going to if its at&t branded,and i cant give it away to someone i know, because the few people i do know that may have wanted it dont have the money for data

so, anyone know anything about whats going on here, because i have no clue

thanks in advance for the replies

Edit : nevermind, if you access the diagnosis menu and hit the network lock codes with an old at&t sim card , you can use your unlock # from there, much easier that way
you tried unlock too many times. It locked phone "permanently"

Chebas

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but you lose your phone.
Too many times, more than 5.

It's permanently lock to ATT and its not possible to unlock.

Zeidricht

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but you lose your phone.
Too many times, more than 5.

It's permanently lock to ATT and its not possible to unlock.

took me forever to get back to this , nearly forgot about it

nah, like i said, the process wouldnt work at all just dailing it in to the call feature, so i wasnt using any of my 5 unlock attempts at all

i hadnt technically been "unlocking" the phone until i opened up the network lock menu in the diagnostics screen and put my unlock code in there and it worked the first time, no problem at all

phone works great now, sold it to a user on another network and it works just fine

so, to anyone who has the same problem, go find out how the dial # for the network lock diagnostics page and try your imei based unlock code there,

i truly as racking my brain attempting to figure it out and i did it nearly by accident, who'da thought?

metie

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, I have check the Network Lock Status and all are disabled but still NO Service when I insert sim card :(

help anyone ?

Ccarse

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Could you be So kind to explain exactly how you unlocked it through the diag menu? I have an unlock code but only have an old AT&T sim to use so need to unlock using this method. Thanks!!

Zeidricht

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Could you be So kind to explain exactly how you unlocked it through the diag menu? I have an unlock code but only have an old AT&T sim to use so need to unlock using this method. Thanks!!

I dont have the phone anymore so i cant thumb through the menus but if i recall correctly this is basically what i did

bring up your call feature and expand the dial so that you have all the number available
dial ##634#
this should bring you to diagnostics mode, it looks like a blank interface screen with a keypad on it
dial *#7465625#
this should bring you to your companies phone/sim lock menu
there will be a few fields here, but enter your unlock code in the one that allows it and when youre done your provider lock should switch to disabled or at least thats how it went down for me

good luck

Brandon Lerch

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
i cant figure out how to get to the network unlock code to change it once i get in the diagnositcs area. can any one help my phones a samsung focus flash sgh-i677

meliz143

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i cant figure out how to get to the network unlock code to change it once i get in the diagnositcs area. can any one help my phones a samsung focus flash sgh-i677

Just got my Samsung Focus unlocked using the Diagnostics Mode as advised by Zeidricht. I dunno if it will work for you, but i just made sure that the old sim (mine is already deactivated by AT&T since I upgraded my phone to Nokia Lumia) and then on the "emergency call" only keypad, typed in ##634# bringing up another keypad where I typed in *#7465625# . Hit the "Network Lock" button and type your unlock code to the "Enter NCK" field, and presto, the network lock got disabled. Wont work without the old sim inserted. Good luck!

Cristoby

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm past my 2 yr contract, but haven't upgraded. How did you get the unlocking code? Are there any requirements to get it? Did you just asked for it?

Ishan Patel

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Samsung Focus unlocked using the Diagnostics Mode as advised by Zeidricht. I dunno if it will work for you, but i just made sure that the old sim (mine is already deactivated by AT&T since I upgraded my phone to Nokia Lumia) and then on the "emergency call" only keypad, typed in ##634# bringing up another keypad where I typed in *#7465625# . Hit the "Network Lock" button and type your unlock code to the "Enter NCK" field, and presto, the network lock got disabled. Wont work without the old sim inserted. Good luck!
Hi, meliz143,
I am having sim error when i enter unlock code while starting the phone. I have followed your step.
1) ##634# --> Got succeeded and got another keypad.
2) *#7465625# --> Nothing happen..
What to do now..?? Please help me..

unwiredmedic

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I called AT&T Wireless support and they graciously agreed to give me an unlock code, if I am already a customer of AT&T or if I had an active AT&T account. I won the phone from a Microsoft-sponsored contest on Twitter and it's nearly three years old now. It would have been much nicer if it were already unlocked since it didn't come through AT&T. seveneighter didn't work, and I can't get the Zune trick to work either (I've tried several dozen times). I'm damned to eternal lameness with v7720.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, A t and t unlocked my original focus at a local store when I was heading out of the country. Prior to that, a tech at one of the independent shops would unlock my phones for free or a small fee.

Since my original focus, I have purchased two unlocked a t and t black beauties from amazon. This first WP phone is still the best for me, although I'm not as phone-centric as I once was.

unwiredmedic

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So I had a family member's account available and the AT&T rep gave me the IMEI-based unlock code with no problem. From this point on: Whatever you do, don't follow their advice on how to unlock! They had me enter some strings on the keypad dialer without getting into the Diagnostics Menu and it failed both times. Just write down the code and come back here. AT&T's rep said it failed because the phone was already unlocked when I got it brand new, otherwise my StraightTalk SIM wouldn't work. He was flat out wrong. After two attempts failed, I stopped following their instructions and went through the motions verbally with them. Today, I got on this thread and following the tip clarified by meliz143, I got to the Diagnostics Menu, chose Network Lock from the menu, entered my unlock code in the "Enter NCK" field, hit the "Execute" button, and it unlocked perfectly. Now the Samsung Network Profile app works fine. FINALLY!!! Thanks for the help guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers