Is it safe to RESET Focus with Mango installed?

cognus

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
guys I am brand new to this phone and OS - currently using Android, just got the Focus. It has the 7.5/Mango update, but I'm not sure about the firmware. I want to eradicate the former user's data. If I Reset the phone, will it harm the 7.5 update? I should also say it has a 32GB SD married to it.

tried searching this but I guess I don't even know enough to phrase the search right at this point :)

thx
C

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
guys I am brand new to this phone and OS - currently using Android, just got the Focus. It has the 7.5/Mango update, but I'm not sure about the firmware. I want to eradicate the former user's data. If I Reset the phone, will it harm the 7.5 update? I should also say it has a 32GB SD married to it.

tried searching this but I guess I don't even know enough to phrase the search right at this point :)

thx
C
Resetting the phone to factory settings will not harm the mango update. It will still be mango after the reset. You should be able to reset it with no problems. If you want to keep the 32 gb card working than you must reset the phone while the card is inserted. Good luck.
these are the steps I would take.
Note: These steps will wipe all data from the phone and set it back to factory default settings. Be sure to backup your data on the phone before performing these steps.

1. Press and hold the Camera, Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously.

2. Release Power when the phone vibrates, but continue to hold down Camera and Volume Down.

3. Release Camera and Volume Down when the Format prompt is displayed on screen.

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

cognus

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
:p I guess I'll do it the menu way since I have not yet figured out the buttons!! lol

and why does the camera keep coming on for seemingly no reason?? is there a way to shut it OFF until I really really want to use it? [sorry for the piggyback post....]

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If you hold the camera button on the side of the device the camera will come on its that way by design. You can turn this function off in Settings/Camera if you wany

cognus

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out sorta by accident - its the cover, and this helps solve my confusion about the buttons. the cover/case that is on it as I rec'd it apparently is made for 2 versions of the phone [not sure, but that's my assumption] - so, it has cutouts where the other buttons/devices are, except for where the cam button is [i didn't know it was under there]. its tight enough, and the 'button' sensitive enough, that even a little pressure anywhere along that side of the case triggered the cam. appears to be solved by knifing that cutout area around the cam button, relieving the kinetic pressure

thanks friends

c0dezer0

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue, going to format my focus. Could somebody advice how can I backup my sms. I want to give this phone to my brother so that he can start using.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo