Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    I have a Samsung Focus on Rogers. It just notified me this morning that an update (Tango?) is available.

My phone is unlocked and I have enabled internet sharing so I'm afraid to update as it will probably relock my phone and I may lose Internet Sharing.

Can any Rogers' Focus owners who have installed the update comment on whether this update finally enables Internet Sharing officially?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    are there no other Rogers' Focus users out there?

I updated our 3 v 1.3 focii to tango via Rogers and can clarify several of your questions. It will relock your phone but as long as you do not receive a Samsung update you can re-windowsbreak your phone. Internet Sharing wasn't enabled by the update but I already had enabled it on 1 of our focii and after the update it still works. So, no but yes. Hope this helps and of course ymmv.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fpostrow View Post
    I updated our 3 v 1.3 focii to tango via Rogers and can clarify several of your questions. It will relock your phone but as long as you do not receive a Samsung update you can re-windowsbreak your phone. Internet Sharing wasn't enabled by the update but I already had enabled it on 1 of our focii and after the update it still works. So, no but yes. Hope this helps and of course ymmv.
    Thanks alot, that does help clarify. BTW, I noticed that even using the Internet Sharing once would cause the phone to have wifi/3g issues until the phone was totally/hard reset (a simple reboot was not enough), did you experience the same issue with your focus as well?

At the moment, i just leave WIFI off all the time since i have used internet sharing and now the data connection will sometimes 'hang' if both 3G and wifi are turned on.