Samsung Focus not working AT ALL.

AylaStarr

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung Focus is stuck on a blinking Samsung Logo screen (black, with just Samsung writing). It has been stuck like this for the past twelve hours or so, and I have attempted to take the battery out for half an hour before replacing it, as well as a hard reset and simply restarting the phone. Nothing works, as it stays on the blinking Samsung Logo screen. The hard reset screen just flashes for a second before returning to the Samsung screen. Even after letting the battery die and then charging it, nothing has changed.

Do I need to replace the phone? Is there any software I could download to fix it? Is there ANYTHING I can do? I've had the phone for over a year, so the warranty has expired. Not to mention, it's even a replacement of a replacement, as my previous Samsung Focus had issues as well.

BTW, I do not have a memory card installed.

Last edited by a moderator:

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung Focus is stuck on a blinking Samsung Logo screen (black, with just Samsung writing). It has been stuck like this for the past twelve hours or so, and I have attempted to take the battery out for half an hour before replacing it, as well as a hard reset and simply restarting the phone. Nothing works, as it stays on the blinking Samsung Logo screen. The hard reset screen just flashes for a second before returning to the Samsung screen. Even after letting the battery die and then charging it, nothing has changed.

Do I need to replace the phone? Is there any software I could download to fix it? Is there ANYTHING I can do? I've had the phone for over a year, so the warranty has expired. Not to mention, it's even a replacement of a replacement, as my previous Samsung Focus had issues as well.

BTW, I do not have a memory card installed.

You could download the factory image firmware and reflash. Details HERE.

Updated, working download links for firmware HERE.

Step by step instructions HERE.

For goodness sakes make sure you download the correct version for your hardware. Check under the battery - should say rev 1.3 or 1.4.

This will fully wipe and reflash the factory image to your phone, it will be in a pre-nodo state so you'll have to go through ALL of the Zune updates to get it current.

Another alternative would be to try one of the custom ROMS found over at xda in the same section - they have some pretty good ones with lots of added functionalilty, plus your phone is completely developer unlocked allowing you to use any/all homebrew.

The Focus is one of the best first gen phones IMO due to this high level of 'hackability' as Windows phones go.

I used to reflash my Focus back to stock all the time when I was messing around with custome ROMS for ir and it worked every time.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I cant send or receive mms started around 8pm. My brother cant send or receive and he has the same phone as me and his wife cant send or receive she has a different phone but on att

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2