focus screen wont stay off

ctrmmr

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Having some issues here... I press the power button to turn the screen off and it comes right back on. Also keeps dinging like its being put on and taken off the charger. I've tried a hard reset but that didn't help. Anyone have any ideas?

John Cardona

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
this just started happening to me too today I have no idea wtf is happening. I had just attempted to add some songs to my phone but not sure if the sync was complete or not, maybe that ****ed it up.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what can be done sans opening up the phone and tinkering with the hardware.

Might be time to put your Focus out to pasture.

Purge_GT

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. As someone who's opened his phone, there isn't much there to "fix".

It may be that it's shorting out somewhere, but I've not been able to find where.

kxcd

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this yesterday on my Focus. I rarely use Zune at all but had my phone plugged into my laptop and was trying to get an App's live tile to work (it stopped working after I forced the 7.8 update). Anyway, every time I would try to power off my phone, the Samsung screen would appear and it would boot back up. I thought maybe the 7.8 update broke something and my phone would no longer shut off. I unplugged the USB from my phone and powered off and it shut off normally. So having the phone unplugged from my laptop seemed to work.

Not sure if this is how it has always been, since I rarely use the USB to charge it or if it's something new to 7.8.

Sorry if this is not the same issue that you are experiencing!

drusand810

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I had this exact problem about a month ago. I played around with the connector with a razor blade and it ended up fixing it. I think the pin behind the door got bent or obstructed in a way that made it think it was connected to the charger when it wasn't. as a first step, I would recommend cleaning the port with canned air or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon