Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I apologize if other threads out there. I tried to search and found 1 but the links did not help me.

Ok so here is my issue and how it happened.My Samsung Sgh i917 will only show the white Samsung logo. If I do a hard restart,I can get the "are you sure you want to format screen"
    I can also boot in to download mode.

Ok,so now that I can boot into download mode,what do I need to download to get the phone to work again?
    It is a Windows 7,& under the battery it shows Rev 1.4.
    The phone was a AT&T,but it is unlocked and my service is Family Miobile (basically T-Mobil from Walmart)
    The phone was operating fine with the exception of not getting MMS pictures.I was told to put Zune on my computer,and if there were any up-dates ,Zune should pick them up. It did,and ever since I tried to perform the update the phone stopped working.
    Any help would be appreciated. I am not very technical,but I can understand the basics.
    Thanks in advance

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Before it started having this boot issue, was your phone mistaking a short press of the lockscreen button as a long press and shutting itself off?

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    So did the phone just start doing this or did you do something to cause this (ie: loading a ROM)?
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    So did the phone just start doing this or did you do something to cause this (ie: loading a ROM)?
    If it's the same thing that happened to my old Focus then it happens by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by WPenvy View Post
    Before it started having this boot issue, was your phone mistaking a short press of the lockscreen button as a long press and shutting itself off?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    I installed Zune on my computer.
    When I connected the phone it stated there was a update.
    I followed the update instructions,and thats when it happened.
    The update stated do not turn off phone during update. I let the thing run all night long,and it still showed the same message that it was updating and do not turn off. After about 13 hours I decided to just remove the phone,resulting in the issue I have now

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1boatnut View Post
    I installed Zune on my computer.
    When I connected the phone it stated there was a update.
    I followed the update instructions,and thats when it happened.
    The update stated do not turn off phone during update. I let the thing run all night long,and it still showed the same message that it was updating and do not turn off. After about 13 hours I decided to just remove the phone,resulting in the issue I have now
    were you using the same cord and USB port that you've used before when updating your focus?

Quote Originally Posted by WPenvy View Post
    were you using the same cord and USB port that you've used before when updating your focus?
    Its the cord I use when I charge my phone. I had never used Zune or updated the phone before

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1boatnut View Post
    Its the cord I use when I charge my phone. I had never used Zune or updated the phone before
    Oh.... I'm at a loss then :/

Yes, this is exactly what happened to me. It began with problems with the short/long press of the lock screen button.

Then the phone started just turning off when I short pressed the lock screen button.

Now the phone only displays the white "Samsung" logo for a few seconds and will not power on even trying 2 different data/charge cables and 4 different batteries which have charge on them.

i think so,If it's the same thing that happened to my old Focus then it happens by itself. thank you