My focus can't access apps on market place.

Janine81

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I just bought a brand new focus and I'm using it on straight talk everything works great set the apn up as att.mvno data works great , bing works great, but when I open up market place nothing works when I hit att app it says no results when I hit samsung zone says no results and when I hit apps it open to a black screen and just says applications at the top, when I hit games it says no results but When I hit music it works just fine all the music comes up, I have no idea what's wrong I'm not sure if this is a straight talk issue or the phone I'm new to windows phones so I have no idea , I really just wanna download apps, pleas help!

Thanks!

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
You have to download an app called "Marketplace Refresh" from the app store. Just search the phrase "market refresh" in the app store and install it and you'll be good.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
How do you download the app if we can't download any apps on maketplace? I have the same problem

Us a Computer and Log into the Marketplace with your Live Account and then select the app and choose the option to email to yourself. That may work..

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue with Focus. When i open the App Store, the initial page loads fine but if i click on any of the Apps or Icons i get an error (cant remember the number).

My phone is running 7.10. i recently tried to update the FW via Zune, it works all fine and dandy until the end when it spits our an error. And it doesnt help my phone keeps rebooting and looping the Samsung logo, multiple hard resets and continues.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm running my third Focus (my second Amazon-purchased unlocked one) and have never needed a Refresh app to use the marketplace, download apps, or update apps.

To the OP: I've never used staight talk, nor set up an apn, so none of what I say may apply; but, have you connected to Zune on your desktop or notebook and updated your new Focus to version 7720.68 (AKA 7.5 and Mango)?

To chezm: You do have to be patient to get to version 7720. The phone will reset a few times during the series of updates you get when you first connect the Focus -or maybe on a second or subsequent connection, if you weren't patient enough your first one. :wink: Zune's install routine alerts you that the phone is restarting each time it does -perhaps what you're calling "hard resets". I recently installed a third Focus and remember all updating completing in one 30-40 minutes session, after which I successfully re-installed a 32GB card.

Good luck to all. Still love the Focus: For my needs and tastes, Samsung did it best the first time.

Andy Brown5

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to let ya'll know. I actually Just got this phone via a trade on Craigslist and am using it with straight talk as well. I was freaked out when i opened the app store and saw nothing! absolutly nothing. Turns out, the software it was running was the old. 7.0 windows operating system which is so outdated, it could not run anything from the app store. I connected it to Zune on my computer and 3 Updates later, the phone is now running 7.5 and all the apps are available in the App store. So theres the answer right there.. :) hope this helps..

Dawn Dearing

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I was having that same issue and I looked everywhere to find an answer. I worked with it for two days. Finally, I decided to reset my phone to factory settings. I plugged my phone into my computer in order to get my pictures off, and all of a sudden I got all these updates and more info than I needed. Now everything works the way it should. I'm so not tech savvy, but it did everything all by itself. Try it!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was having that same issue and I looked everywhere to find an answer. I worked with it for two days. Finally, I decided to reset my phone to factory settings. I plugged my phone into my computer in order to get my pictures off, and all of a sudden I got all these updates and more info than I needed. Now everything works the way it should. I'm so not tech savvy, but it did everything all by itself. Try it!
Hi Dawn,

Welcome to WPCentral. :smile:

That's an excellent first post. You obviously searched before you found your answer, since you chose to reset your device to factory settings (and then got an update).

Nice job! :smile:

Shihling Wang

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
focus is really out dated. there isn't enough support from either at&t or Samsung. :eck: however, there is a solution. "Zune software for your PC" it's free to download at Zune software for your PC | Windows Phone 7 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States) :smile: it will sync outdated Windows7 phone, but it will take a long while to cycle download/restart/download/restart. :eck::angry: it's no fun, but at the end you will get all apps, and that will make your day, or night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes