Samsung Focus restart constantly after damaged SD card

ravalo21

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have a Samsung Focus, about 2 month ago I updated to WP 7.8 and put a 16G sd card. Everything work perfect until the phone fall down and take apart. When I turn the phone on, show a message that the SD card have a problem. Long story short, I verified that the card is damaged. I "hard reset" my phone without an SD card (Using the volume- + camera button + power button method) but the phone restarted constantly(every 5 to 10min). Also the phone are very hot and drain the battery in about 2 or 3 hours. Any help with this problem are welcome.
Thanks in advance

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Did you try putting in a new SD card? By the way,I didn't know that you can put SD cards in wp7......I thought SD card support wad absent....

ravalo21

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes, some phones support SD cards, Samsung Focus SGH-i917 is one of them, but you need to format the phone to make it available and after that, you cant remove the card from the phone . If you remove the card, the phone needs to be formatted again in order to work.
I put a 8Gb card on it, the phone "see" the card but the problem persist.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I just installed an inexpensive Sandisk 32gb card -purchased through Amazon- on my fourth Focus. I've reported here on prior successful installs -using the same SD card each time. This time, I had also damaged the SD card and had to get a new one. Prior to checking the card, I had been successful in reformatting the phone to get it to show 35.9GB on the About screen, but I could not use the phone nor install apps. I tried formatting the old card on my Surface RT and Fujitsu Q910, and when neither attempt worked and Windows Explorer didn't even see the card, I realized the card was shot, and the new (third Amazon-sourced) Focus was not the problem. The new card installed and worked as expected. Happy installs to all/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon