Who's planning on getting a Samsung Galaxy Book 12?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Man, Samsung sure knows how to make a sexy product. And this is a good way to compete in the 2-in-1 field against the Surface.

What do you think? Is it worth picking up the 12 inch model of this beast?

dstrauss

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if it is a beast, but it is a worthy purchase, especially if you are in to note taking and willing to go with a Galaxy Note phone with it. You'd have compatible pens across devices (again, finally) and if you like most folks who never leave home without their phone, you'll have your S Pen in your G Note to use with your Book when you forget (or loose) your big S Pen. It's also the closest thing we will ever get to a Windows Air device.

rchapman80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is one that is at the top of my list. Obviously dependent on price. I love the fact that it includes the pen and the keyboard. I just wish they would announce the release date and price.

shinkamui

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine. Was planning on it since it was announced. I skipped the tabpro last year due to the ****e pen choice (WHY SAMSUNG WOULD YOU USE SOMETHING OTHER THAN WACOM!!!). This hits all the right notes. My only regret...is that I have bonitis. No my only regret is actually just the lack of a i7 option, and only for longevity, because i think this is a long term keeper. Im a sucker for amoled, and I've always wanted a windows tablet with an amoled screen...with the 4k wacom pressure sensitivity, its the perfect tool for my artwork.

One note, if you're excited about samsung flow, or think thats a feature you'd like to use a lot, im going on record as saying its tedious, not fully fleshed out, and borderline useless. It requires constant reconnection via nfc which shouldnt' be a big deal but ends up being extremely tedious (especially when you just quickly want to unlock the tablet). Its faster generally to use the swipe pattern or pin methods. Additionally notification forwarding is extremely hit or miss, not reliable at all. Pushbullet is superior to this implementation in every way, including actually providing actionable notifications as opposed to what appear to only be read only notifications from flow. Finally, even cortana does a better job if you are willing to run cortana on your android phone. I hope samsung addresses this crap. And seriously, why didn't they just include a damn fingerprint reader on the keyboard. I get not including a windows hello camera to keep costs down, but an FP reader? Thats just lazy.

Last edited:

proof2006

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine. Was planning on it since it was announced. I skipped the tabpro last year due to the ****e pen choice (WHY SAMSUNG WOULD YOU USE SOMETHING OTHER THAN WACOM!!!). This hits all the right notes. My only regret...is that I have bonitis. No my only regret is actually just the lack of a i7 option, and only for longevity, because i think this is a long term keeper. Im a sucker for amoled, and I've always wanted a windows tablet with an amoled screen...with the 4k wacom pressure sensitivity, its the perfect tool for my artwork.

One note, if you're excited about samsung flow, or think thats a feature you'd like to use a lot, im going on record as saying its tedious, not fully fleshed out, and borderline useless. It requires constant reconnection via nfc which shouldnt' be a big deal but ends up being extremely tedious (especially when you just quickly want to unlock the tablet). Its faster generally to use the swipe pattern or pin methods. Additionally notification forwarding is extremely hit or miss, not reliable at all. Pushbullet is superior to this implementation in every way, including actually providing actionable notifications as opposed to what appear to only be read only notifications from flow. Finally, even cortana does a better job if you are willing to run cortana on your android phone. I hope samsung addresses this crap. And seriously, why didn't they just include a damn fingerprint reader on the keyboard. I get not including a windows hello camera to keep costs down, but an FP reader? Thats just lazy.

Im waiting to receive mine. Don't have a Samsung phone so hopefully I can find an app to integrate with a non Samsung Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa