Who Is Thinking About Getting Galaxy TabPro S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

giangy11

May 5, 2016
Visit site

jbs-horn

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I bought one, kept it for a week and a half, then returned it. The tablet was stable, the screen was nice, and the device was light and quite portable, and in real world use it had long battery life. I has looking for a travel computer that could take the place of the two I currently travel with. On paper the TabPro S was exactly what I was looking for, especially with its good battery life.

I had two problems, though. One was the keyboard. I could not type accurately on that keyboard. I have easily typed on a variety of keyboards including undersized Bluetooth keyboards for my iPad Air 2 and the type cover for the Surface 3 (non-pro version). I'm a good touch typist and have never experienced as much trouble typing as I did on the Samsung. This was the true deal-breaker for me. Due to having to retype so much, my typing speed fell by half or more.

The other issue was recurrent hesitations and stutters. I hoped that the system would smooth out after it was done indexing, etc., but after 10 days of steady use, it never got better. I don't think I was working faster than the computer could work because of the keyboard issues I was having, and I don't blame the m3 processor because the Atom processor in my Surface 3, though slower overall, stuttered less than the m3 in the Samsung. Perhaps the processor was having issues driving the larger screen. Something was jumping in there and demanding processing time that interfered with the user experience to a noticeable degree.

UPDATE:

I picked up another TabPro S that was an open-box item at one of the local Best Buys. In contrast to the first unit, this one runs very smoothly, with no stuttering and a nice, quick feel. Even the keyboard is better, it probably has stiffer keys that don't auto-press as the earlier unit did. I'm quite impressed with this one. I didn't expect that much variation between units of the same product.

Last edited:

Steven Maspalomas

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I have just purchased one ... having had the 10" tablet and the 12.2" tablet from Samsung ... and wanted something like a computer than a big phone.

And after three days I have a problem, which I am hoping someone will be able to assist with ...

The screen keeps going dark ... after about 15/20 seconds ... I just have to move the touchpad and it comes back ... but annoying if reading a book ... I am a fast reader but no one is that fast :)

I have adjusted all the usual settings in power management and screen saver, and can't figure it out ... any help please :)
Thanks

Pynchmail

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
It would be great if there is a cheaper, lower spec but high quality 12 inch tablet that runs Android or W10 Mobile for media consumption and casual use. But currently, there is no such new device in the market from an established brand as far as I am aware.

macguy59

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't thinking of getting one at all but one just fell into my lap. I was expecting it to be dog slow but . . . it's surprisingly quick. Been away from Windows for a long time but I still must have some muscle memory (only took me an hour or so to get up to speed). Not sure if I'll keep it but it's been a pretty good experience so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans