Erased HD. galaxy setting not compatible

ad78

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
so i succesfully erased everything. loaded PRO and install some of the good stuff in samsung update software.

my issue right now is i cannot install the galaxy setting in Store. any idea how to fix this?

Capture.PNG

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
It could be that you just have to wait. I did a reset and did not have that app from the start and got the message you are referring to. I had to install and update some drivers and Windows itself plus my apps.

After hours of updates, I gave up but tried it again just for fun since the reminder to install this app popped up every now and then and suddenly I was able to install it.

So, maybe waiting is key here.

And to be clear about what I did:
First of all, I did not erase any recovery partitions, I just reduced the size of partition C and created a small partition D for OneDrive and personal files and programs to install.
I updated the preinstalled English Windows but tried an in-place upgrade to the German version of Windows as it was messing up my Cortana (German Cortana tried to speak English). Afterwards, I was not able to get Samsung Update to work properly and the device was not recognized as Galaxy TabPro S. So, I tried the built-in refresh which surprisingly brought me back to Windows 10 (14393.0) and everything was in German now.
The device was finally recognized as Galaxy TabPro S again and had its Samsung logos back and Samsung Update was installed (even the German Office 365) and I was able to update every driver again and after hours to install the Galaxy Settings app from the Store.

Last edited:

Tavok772

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. When i format my Tab i couldn't find this setting. I format again, but before install samsung updates i upgrade to Windows 10 aniversary. And when is finished i install Samsung Updates and is when i see again Samsung Extras (With OLED, BATTERY ETC...) And i think Samsung Flow install the Extras. Try this. This works for me. Good Luck

enotar

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Where do I find Samsung update and Samsung programs I just wipe out all and install pro.
Thank you

Found it, tkz

Last edited:

Wallaboom

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
That may not work, and is not ideal, you can run the pwershell/ Galaxy Settings manually from driver packages. If you need the location, it is from Samsung and about 500mbs. The package contains the full suite of drivers (AMOLED extra settings, BIOS, Samsung updater etc).

Support - Windows Tablets SM-W703 | Samsung Mobility

Use this for the full deployment suite from Samsung it has the Galaxy Settings/AMOLED, plus BIOS etc. You can run the powershell, and I can tell you it's location from the suite it will fix/install Extra Settings for you!

Support - Windows Tablets SM-W703 | Samsung Mobility

Mod's Note: Merging two posts.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon