Thinking about buying a tabpro

Asim khan1

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi All

My first post!
Im thinking about getting a Tabpro S and would like to ask the people that have already bought it , if you had the chance now to keep or replace your tabpro what would you do?

I've found positive industry reviews of the Tab but actual user reviews vary.
This forum link seems negative towards the tab mostly because of a lack of properly working pen
Samsung Galaxy TabPro S (SM-W700) | TabletPCReview.com - Tablet PC Reviews, Discussion and News

I wont be gaming on the tab, it'll be mostly Microsoft office stuff & web browsing whilst I travel.

Is there any news on the next TabPro being released, im thinking that if get the TabPro now and then a couple of months they release a funky new one i'll be a bit gutted!

Any real world reviews are appreciated!

Also there are not a lot of dedicated TabPro forums are there?

Thanks

AK

zachquiel

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Ask me anything.

For office stuff it's pretty great, I went from an iPad Pro (which sucked big time for writing).
Battery life is a bit lower than the iPad Pro but pretty manageable if you use battery saver mode, which doesn't reduce performance in office things significantly.
The official pen has given nothing but issues, I hope a new one will pop up from a third party.
Apart from that, I only fear screen retention issues.

neilaj

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
I bought one and I would say I would definitely keep it. I had for some time been contemplating the Samsung or the Huawei Matebook, then everything in between. In the end the Samsung won out for its weight, battery and screen. I use the pen which seems to work well together with a Surface Edition of the Wedge Touch Mouse so that I can connect wirelessly, I have a glass desk at home so the bluetrack tech is the perfect solution. I would also recommend changing the size of text to 175% and increasing the cursor size a notch, it makes a huge difference as most screen elements appear too small by default. Further to the battery, I came across this yesterday Samsung's Batteries Are Damn Good

Asim khan1

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys , my mind is already kind of made up to get one!
I live in the UK and my phone carrier (O2) is offering a tabpro as an upgrade option! Im happy with my old Samsung Note 4 so im just going to use the upgrade to get a TabPro!

Neilaj , which pen do you have? Can you send me a link?

Thanks!

AK

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I really like my Tab Pro S and would buy it again. Its incredibly portable and a joy to use. I'm not into gaming either, but needed full MicrosoftOffice capability and this has it and it works beautifully. Bought into Office 365 too since I'm working on getting my Microsoft Office certification.
The screen is spectacular....awesome for video. And contrary to some others, I really enjoy the keyboard and find it fun to type on. And it's a great price!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

canadoc

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I bought and returned one of these opting for surface pro 4.
I loved the brightness and contrast of screen though at off viewing angles have pink or blue color shifts.

Also and for me the kicker was that I often use my tablet device not at a desk or table and found that 2 viewing angles and need to have the case to keep it standing were a limitation.
I also don't like lack of expandable storage. The sp4 allows me to pop in a nice SD card loaded with media and pictures etc for use. The Tab Pro requires me copying over things or bringing adapters and dongles ...

And finally while not an artist I do enjoy the pen features and plan to start using the pen more.

I think next gen tab pro with better pen and keyboard setup with better ram and storage options will be a killer device.
It is not there uet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon