Frequent system crashes

jbs-horn

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Recently I've experienced frequent system crashes on my TabPro S. It just turns off, without any blue screen or other warning or error indication. Event Viewer reports that the system was stopped improperly but fails to give any detail about why.

The firmware and Windows are fully updated.

My primary experience is with MacOS/OS X and Linux. Two questions:

Is anyone else having this problem?

Are there log files I can find that might explain why this is happening? The last time it happened it had been running only for 2 hours. The system is useless to me if it won't stabilize.

A third question: Any advice?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't expect that behavior from any PC on the market today so something is seriously wrong. I would try a factory reset first in Update & Recovery settings and if that doesn't help, I would see if you can warranty that.

Buji

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I would echo what xandros9 said. I haven't experienced that sort of crash, and immediate shutdown reminds me of problems I had with my notepro 12.1, which ended up being a bad battery. When it would drop below a certain % capacity, the voltage would drop causing the system to immediately turn off.

jbs-horn

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Update: After contacting Samsung support, I reset the tablet as new and it seems to have settled down. It hasn't had a system crash since in 5 days of sporadic use. I've been slowly reinstalling the software I had on it but I'm leery of f.lux. So if I can figure out how, I'll mark this one solved.

Arda Alan

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
hi,
i also had a system crash today. it came up after charging. battery was depleted suddenly, although it was showing around 4 hours and %45
not a blue screen, nor a hibernation.
suddenly it has gone.

i have another big issue,
the screen is flickering when the brightness is dimmed.
dim it to the minimum level, and the screen brightness is flickering / flashing /blinking. (what ever)
its very annoying.

another big problem is passthrough charging is not working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv