May update hangs (big surprise!). Anybody else having poblems?

Bruno H

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got notification about the May security update this morning.

Hooked up my phone to get the update and what do you know... It totally hangs at step 6.
The Phone only shows the Samsung boot logo and the Zune software is locked at step 6.
My phone has never been hacked or unlocked in any way and the previous updates have gone smoothly.

After all the troubles with Samsung hardware and considering this is my third replacement hardware I am done with Samsung. When Nokia gets in the game I am changing phone, Amoled screen or not, this is not worth it!

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Hate to revive this but my phone always gets stuck just as step 8 is finishing or right after it does the error and reloading boot screen. My phone is new and I really need help!

Btw I have 7.008 and the error said the USB port was bad!? Trying on a new port but what is going on?

EDIT: I tried the update again and now it gave me an error code ending in CE that I couldn't have find a result for on Google.

Last edited:

1203designs

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I am also having update issues. Focus v1.4, running NoDo, trying to get the 7392 security update, but when it gets to "Creating a backup" it sits at 0% and stares at me. Waited almost an hour with no movement. Tried it 3 times on my computer, one of those times, my screen went blank, and I had to hard-restart. Finally got angry, and downloaded Zune on my mother's computer and tried the update there...same deal. Just stops at "creating a backup 0%"...anyone else have this particular problem, and if so, how did you get around it?

1203designs

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it 2 more times, and now it is finally moving on. Is it just my phone, because this happened with the "copy and paste" update too...Is this what I have to look forward to with Mango? A lot of stress and irritation that causes the Mango to loose it's "new toy" sparkle? I sure hope not!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You'll be glad when it's all over, i went through it twice this morning trying to get new firmware for my Omnia 7, BORING! lol :)

Enjoy Mango when you get there 1203designs. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3