Samsung Network Profile app wipes Internet Explorer Favourites

sab742

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My IE favourites kept going missing and I tracked the cause down to changing carriers in Samsung's Network Profile app. I was switching from T-Mobile to Orange and back.

I am using the latest release of the app. My phone information is as follows (if this helps in narrowing down the bug):

FW Rev: 2424.11.8.5
HW Rev: 3.15.0.4
Radio SW: 2424.11.7.2
Radio HW: 0.0.0.800
Bootloader: 5.8.1.9
CHIP SOC V: 0.36.2.0

Obviously I don't want others to lose their long list of favourites but I would be interested to know if this bug can be reproduced.

Also, the bug obviously a bit of a phone experience killer if you can't work out what it is that is nuking your favourites, so if this can be reproduced I will fire off an email to Samsung about it and it can get sorted out (fingers crossed).

sab742

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
No I mean swapping between the shared networks. But the favourites are deleted whenever you make a change in the app (at least on my phone they are).

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
OK, I should be able to test that for you. i'm with T-Mobile and my phone regularly swaps between the two networks.

I haven't had any problems with out using the Samsung app. i'll install it and see what happens.

Edit: What happens is it wipes all your favorites!

I don't really see what the point of the application is. Does it just install all the defaults for your carrier?

Last edited:

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The marketplace has been telling me for the last week about Network Profile update. I'm worried about losing my WiFi hotspot. Does anyone know if this will unhack my WiFi hotspot capability?

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2