If you change your phone

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
What will happen when you decide to change your old smartphone for a new one? With a dumb mobile you just removed the sim card and you had all your contacts in the new one. Everything saved on the sim card and on a memory card could be retrieved and re-used in the new phone. But what happens when I decide I want to purchase and use another phone? I understand that you can save all the photos and all your music, videos and podcasts to a computer but what happens to contacts and apps? How do I save those? Or do I have to purchase every app again and type every contact once again?

And what do I do when I want to give my old phone away and don't want everything on the phone to follow the phone to the new owner. Reset the phone?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Your contacts should be stored on your live account perbear.

If you get a new windows phone once you set it up again using your live account, the contacts will automatically be populated.

Check your contacts are backed up OK here. (Contacts)

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...com%2Fen-us%2Fwindows%2Fphones&token=H7FoVNHV

Yes just reset your phone and it will all be wiped of your accounts.

All your apps are listed on that website too under MyPhone / Account, you can reinstall them from there too. :)

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yup they are syncs to your live account so even if you phone is stolen and you lose your sim your contacts will be ready for your new device.

Resetting your phone will remove everything to the original setup on phone so yes.

Sent from my {Samsung Focus} using Board Express

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Your contacts should be stored on your live account perbear.

If you get a new windows phone once you set it up again using your live account, the contacts will automatically be populated.

Check your contacts are backed up OK here. (Contacts)

Windows Phone 7 | Windows Phone | Microsoft Windows Phone 7 | Windows Phone 7

Yes just reset your phone and it will all be wiped of your accounts.

All your apps are listed on that website too under MyPhone / Account, you can reinstall them from there too. :)
Thanks theweebear and dtboos. It sounds very promising that you are up and going in a jiffy when you connect to your Live account. I was concerned that it was more like a computer backup and restore thing (which in a way it probably is) but that it was not that simple as just restoring the phone to a new phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss