No internet sharing for samsung omnia 7?

ElGuaje Villa07

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have just updated via Zune to windows 7.5 mango update but i can't seem to find the internet sharing option?, is it even been made available to the samsung omnia 7 on t mobile uk network?

Software: windows phone 7.5

OS version: 7.10.7740.16
Firmware revision: 2424.11.9.2
Hardware: 3.15.0.4
Bootloader: 5.9.0.6

Thats the info in the about if that helps?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

I no longer have my Omnia 7 now ElGuaje Villa07, but I believe the sharing option has now been released on all the UK networks including T-Mobile.

When I unbranded my 3 UK Omnia 7 there was no update that gave me tethering until i reflashed the 3 UK ROM.

WP7Lab News: Samsung Omnia 7 on T-Mobile UK Rolling Out Mango

No idea why you don't have the tethering update now. Are you sure it's not there ?

Welcome along to WPCentral. :)

Last edited:

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got it on my T-Mobile branded Omnia 7. I did have to flash back to a T-Mobile ROM to get it though. When I was using an unbranded ROM the option wasn't there.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes the T-mobile branded phones all have internet sharing, my unbranded model on the otherhand did not and at the time I switched to the Lumia was still the case.

ElGuaje Villa07

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Its definitely not there. It should be under settings > internet sharing am i right?, i have searched everywhere in my phone and cannot find it.

Is my phone up to the latest update?, I have connected it to Zune and it says there are no updates (having already updated everything earlier for me).

I purchased the phone 2nd hand from a phone store it is t-mobile branded but i don't know if its previously been unlocked to work on other networks.

Any way i can get tethering?

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I am making the assumption that as this is the Samsung Omnia 7 you must be on the UK T-mobile carrier. If that is the case and the phone is a T-Mobile branded one you should of received the update that unlocks this feature. If on the otherhand like me the phone was unbranded or using another rom pack then it is very likely this feature will not appear.

I have over 10 people with the Omnia 7 on T-Mobile and all have the tethering option, like I said earlier it is only the unbranded Omnia's and the Nokia's on T-Mobile that would not support tethering.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the phone 2nd hand from a phone store it is t-mobile branded but i don't know if its previously been unlocked to work on other networks.

When you turn the phone on and it shows the Samsung and WP logos, do you also get the T-Mobile logo? If you don't then you've got a phone that has been flashed to an unbranded ROM.

ElGuaje Villa07

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
When you turn the phone on and it shows the Samsung and WP logos, do you also get the T-Mobile logo? If you don't then you've got a phone that has been flashed to an unbranded ROM.

I do not get the T-Mobile logo no. Just the omnia 7 logo and windows phone logo. Does this mean i can't get internet sharing?

I have read something about a chevron unlock which enables internet sharing?

Will this work?

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I do not get the T-Mobile logo no. Just the omnia 7 logo and windows phone logo. Does this mean i can't get internet sharing?

I have read something about a chevron unlock which enables internet sharing?

Will this work?

I've not tried the method that richu75 mentions. I flashed my phone back to a T-Mobile ROM to enable tethering.

Also how do i check to see if the phone is already unlocked?, try another sim in there?

Unfortunately SIM locking is completely different to all the OS level unlocking options.

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
i ve got t-mobile omnia 7 from germany, but i use it in turkey, different carrier. i updated to mango and internet sharing was there no problem.

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I have just updated via Zune to windows 7.5 mango update but i can't seem to find the internet sharing option?, is it even been made available to the samsung omnia 7 on t mobile uk network?

I have spent quite some time on this one, flashing different roms etc, I found it is the .csc files which dictates weather your get internet sharing or not as the .csc contains all the oem branding and carrier information, if you use a generic rom say uk retail and use either t-mobile or three uk .csc then you get internet sharing, I have also tried this with other countries and received internet sharing, the only other way this can be done, as mentioned in this thread is dev unlocking, interop unlock and then deploy the provxml xap file to the handset - this then gives you the option, however when you reset your device this option is removed, which quite annoying. I have tried to modify the .csc file but with no joy.

Cheers,

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

What we might have overlooked here is that ElGuaje Villa07 has version .7740.16. That is not the latest update. You should have received .8107 by now. I think that is the first version that will show the internet sharing for everyone. Check if there isn't another update for you to download and install.

JustBlackWings

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Still no internet sharing/tethering ideas?

I've been trying to do some research on getting my omnia 7 internet sharing working but am now at a bit of a loss. My handset is not unlocked/hacked etc and I have never flashed the firmware by any means except official updates. I am also on the three UK mobile network which from what I can tell by other peoples comments is supportive of the feature also.

Internet sharing does not appear in my settings menu, zune tells me the phone is up to date and as far as I can see it is.. software/firmware is as follows:

os version : 7.10.8107.79
firmware : 2424.11.11.2
hardware : 3.15.0.4
radio software : 2424.11.9.1
radio hardware : 0.0.0.800
bootloader : 5.11.1.8
chip soc : 0.36.2.0

Any ideas or anyone else running same network/versions that does see the feature enabled?

Thanks,
Kev

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)