Reboot problems after 7.8 update

ronfouchier

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

I've been using a Samsung Omnia 7 (T-Mobile branded, unlocked German variant) for the past two years without a problem. Since the 7.8 update I've started to see the following problems:

? The phone randomly restarts when browsing the web and/or using WhatsApp via 3G/WiFi. Sometimes the start screen ('Samsung Omnia 7') can be seen 3-5 times, before the phone continues to the Windows Phone boot screen and eventually the lock screen.

? The music player 'forgets' the titles. When pausing playback and pressing the volume up/down button after a certain while, the name of the most recently played track does not show up anymore.

I restored the phone to 7.5 yesterday and reinstalled the 7.8 update without any luck. Unfortunately my restore point for 7.5 does no longer show up in Zune.

Is there any way for me to go back to 7.5?

Cheers,
Ron

Operating system version: 7.10.8862.1444
Firmware version: 2424.11.9.4

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
From a post in the nokia forums, no you can't. There were a couple of suggestions of reflashing by a Nokia Care point.

ronfouchier

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What a downer. I was hoping that Windows Phone had an equivalent to the webOS doctor allowing you to easily reset your phone. Sounds as if this will be more complicated. Thanks for your tipp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos