Windows Central?

LCARS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
In light of all of the excitement regarding Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, I think it would be really cool to evolve WPCentral into a "Windows Central" type site that covers Windows Phones and Windows Tablets. Perhaps even add Xbox into the mix. Something sort of like an iMore for Windows.

Are their any plans for such a site? Anyone else think this would be a good idea?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Since the Windows and Windows Phone products lines are in essence "converging" when WP8 and W8 are released, this could make sense. On the other hand, I just wonder if you add Windows (desktop) and Xbox (360/720) into the mix if this site and forum would spin out of control trying to do too much and cover too much. There's a fine balance that must be maintained. Hmmm...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
We already cover XBOX, Zune, Skydrive, and Windows Live in the forums. Tablet PCs if I have my way and I usually do will be hosted here but it will be minimal coverage at first until the expertise level of the members and staff here catches up. What will be difficult is drawing a line between PC and Phone. The Mobile Nations will continue to evolve and toward the end of the year things are going to get interesting on my end trying to keep up with what parts of Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 need to be hosted here. We have discussed the timely dropping of the "7" from the site this will happen at some point this year. All this is a mute discussion until we have some solid WP8/W8 tablet hardware to discuss.

Stay tuned and keep the suggestions coming.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
we gona need to start subsection i think:

1.Mobile
2.tablets

cause having to scroll trough the infinite list of devices would suck , lol

LawnPaul

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
And then add WCentral App to the windows 8 marketplace so our tablets can be as suave as our phones.

Last edited by a moderator:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
And then add WCentral App to the windows 8 marketplace so our tablets can be as suave as our phones.

the WPcentral app we currently have covers all the forums , I see no need to have a different app. its still the same forum just different sections.

beside this is a WP website now a Windows site , its already good we added Tablets,

the WPcentral app we currently have covers all the forums , I see no need to have a different app. its still the same forum just different sections.

beside this is a WP website now a Windows site , its already good we added Tablets,

PS, I accidentally edit it your post instead of hitting quot! sorry :blush:

LawnPaul

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Wait... Is there a PC app im not aware of? Or do you mean web app.
I'm saying that the app available on wp7 would just as amazing if it could be used on tablet. Plus it's another product to sell :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Wait... Is there a PC app im not aware of? Or do you mean web app.
I'm saying that the app available on wp7 would just as amazing if it could be used on tablet. Plus it's another product to sell :)

well WP8 apps are said to work on W8 tablets/PC ( with the ecosystem using the same codes)

I hope JayTBennett(our WPcentral programer and pod cast co-host) will port it over to W8-pc/tablets

you can ask him here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/marketplace-apps/178528.htm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05