Kinect is everywhere!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Xbox music officially announced. Coming to PC, Xbox, and ----- phones.

Zune pretty much guaranteed dead.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Smart Glass shows greater integration between mobile devices and the 360. They video integration looks good, not sure about the game integration, although it looked good for Madden. Should be interesting to see how much freedom they allow with Internet Explorer. Using Smart Glass to get more functionality from my phone and Win 8 tablet seems it could be really big in the future.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
the only way you can complain about KINECT ( no offense to any one ) is if your fat and dont feel like moving... and thats not a valid excuse. if anything kinect would help :)

or a BIG POT head.... :giggle: lol

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Love my Xbox/kinect! I just wish it supported 3D blu-ray movies. That way I can get rid of my ps3 and have one less box on the shelf.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I doubt there will ever be a Blu Ray capable Xbox because Blu Rays are too little too late. Blu Ray sales are less than projected and most people would rather pay 4.99 to stream a 1080p movie once on Vudu than buy a $30 Blu Ray. Behind the scenes content isn't a big enough deciding factor for most people and tech like Smart Glass handles that anyway.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I doubt there will ever be a Blu Ray capable Xbox because Blu Rays are too little too late. Blu Ray sales are less than projected and most people would rather pay 4.99 to stream a 1080p movie once on Vudu than buy a $30 Blu Ray. Behind the scenes content isn't a big enough deciding factor for most people and tech like Smart Glass handles that anyway.

Do they even put 3D movies in DVD format anymore? All I see are Blu-rays. And price has come down a lot. For $30-$35, you usually get a 3-disc pack with DVD, 3D Blu-ray, and digital download. So I don't think Blu-ray is going anywhere.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I hope SmartGlass will let us use our phone keyboards to type on the Xbox.

Same here.

Do they even put 3D movies in DVD format anymore? All I see are Blu-rays. And price has come down a lot. For $30-$35, you usually get a 3-disc pack with DVD, 3D Blu-ray, and digital download. So I don't think Blu-ray is going anywhere.

I've never even heard of a 3D movie on DVD, only Blu-Ray. It may exist, but if so, it must be pretty rare.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

It's not a definite, but the next Xbox, rumored to be the 720, is rumored to have a BD drive. Good for storage space, but they need to overcome the slow data transfer speeds.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

What do we have here: http://www.windowscentral.com/microsofts-xbox-720-roadmap-through-2015-leaked-online#comments

A blu-ray capable XBOX! Woot Woot! Pigs will fly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6