WPcentral needs a new logo

Gigantuouse

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
The circle with the old non metro Windows logo just isn't doing it anymore. Does anyone want to put something together on photoshop to see what they can do?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree that its a little stale specially with WP8 coming out .

maybe they are waiting for WP8 before they change it , maybe they liek it the way it is..

ether way we have a GREAT team here at WPcentral with some great innovative artistic Minds..

im sure they will think of something if they really wanted to :)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Post them up we can take a look. I personally have ZERO photo shop skills so the chance of me coming up with something is slim.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I whipped up some quick sketches...let me know what you think. More or less Metro?

I hope to come up with a few more ideas based on all your feedback. :)

Last edited:

Seasword

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to combine new and old logo that the old logo seems to evolve to new logo ? It will be a temporary cool new WPCentral logo. It will also promote WP8 and Windows 8.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I whipped up some quick sketches...let me know what you think. More or less Metro?

I hope to come up with a few more ideas based on all your feedback. :)

The top one looks almost exactly like a logo I was making for a personal site I am starting. With different letters of course. Now I have to change it so people don't think I copied you!

Of course, that's my favorite of the ones you posted. Like looking at a building from a corner and seeing lights on that spell the letters.

lol.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
How about something simple like this? I mean metro style is about simplicity, right? Would it be a problem to use the exact same logo as MS?

attachment.php

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The top one looks almost exactly like a logo I was making for a personal site I am starting. With different letters of course. Now I have to change it so people don't think I copied you!

Of course, that's my favorite of the ones you posted. Like looking at a building from a corner and seeing lights on that spell the letters.

lol.

Don't Samsung me! :)

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Here are my ideas:

The idea behind them was to use a MS inspired square and set them into a context.
In my case let WPC become the "portal" or "gate" into all WP related stuff. Thats why the logos look like an open door or window with the (door)frame around them.

Cheers,
Tom

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Here are my ideas:

The idea behind them was to use a MS inspired square and set them into a context.
In my case let WPC become the "portal" or "gate" into all WP related stuff. Thats why the logos look like an open door or window with the (door)frame around them.

Cheers,
Tom

This ones cool...
Gonna try this myself..give mr a couple of hours...
Also..can some one plz revert on the website Makeover I did...its just a request..

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Like the basic idea, XENOPHOS, but I do like the Central lettering under the design. There seems to be no "P" in the Modern (can't get used to that yet) Tiles even though there is a "W". Is that by design?

tommikovski I really like your bottom design. Just enough detail to it to make it eye catching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb