Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Gigantuouse's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    The circle with the old non metro Windows logo just isn't doing it anymore. Does anyone want to put something together on photoshop to see what they can do?
  2. selfcreation's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    I agree that its a little stale specially with WP8 coming out .

    maybe they are waiting for WP8 before they change it , maybe they liek it the way it is..

    ether way we have a GREAT team here at WPcentral with some great innovative artistic Minds..


    im sure they will think of something if they really wanted to :)
  3. Dave Blake's Avatar
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

    Posts
    5,658 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,157 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Post them up we can take a look. I personally have ZERO photo shop skills so the chance of me coming up with something is slim.
    selfcreation likes this.
  4. Frenzytom's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    I whipped up some quick sketches...let me know what you think. More or less Metro?

    I hope to come up with a few more ideas based on all your feedback. :)
    Last edited by htom; 06-21-2012 at 09:57 AM.
  5. alpinestars1z's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by htom View Post
    I whipped up some quick sketches...let me know what you think. More or less Metro?
    I like the top, and the second row, left.
  6. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    25,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    47,777 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    I can't view the image. :(

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  7. Seasword's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Is it possible to combine new and old logo that the old logo seems to evolve to new logo ? It will be a temporary cool new WPCentral logo. It will also promote WP8 and Windows 8.
  8. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,483 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by htom View Post
    I whipped up some quick sketches...let me know what you think. More or less Metro?

    I hope to come up with a few more ideas based on all your feedback. :)
    The top one looks almost exactly like a logo I was making for a personal site I am starting. With different letters of course. Now I have to change it so people don't think I copied you!

    Of course, that's my favorite of the ones you posted. Like looking at a building from a corner and seeing lights on that spell the letters.

    lol.
  9. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    How about something simple like this? I mean metro style is about simplicity, right? Would it be a problem to use the exact same logo as MS?

  10. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by htom View Post
    I whipped up some quick sketches...let me know what you think. More or less Metro?

    I hope to come up with a few more ideas based on all your feedback. :)
    That top right looks cool.
  11. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,483 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    How about something simple like this? I mean metro style is about simplicity, right? Would it be a problem to use the exact same logo as MS?


    Yup.
  12. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    Yup.
    LOL! :lol::lol:

    That's what I thought, too bad.
  13. Frenzytom's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    The top one looks almost exactly like a logo I was making for a personal site I am starting. With different letters of course. Now I have to change it so people don't think I copied you!

    Of course, that's my favorite of the ones you posted. Like looking at a building from a corner and seeing lights on that spell the letters.

    lol.
    Don't Samsung me! :)
  14. tommikovski's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Here are my ideas:

    The idea behind them was to use a MS inspired square and set them into a context.
    In my case let WPC become the "portal" or "gate" into all WP related stuff. Thats why the logos look like an open door or window with the (door)frame around them.

    Cheers,
    Tom
    GoodThings2Life likes this.
  15. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tommikovski View Post
    Here are my ideas:

    The idea behind them was to use a MS inspired square and set them into a context.
    In my case let WPC become the "portal" or "gate" into all WP related stuff. Thats why the logos look like an open door or window with the (door)frame around them.

    Cheers,
    Tom
    This ones cool...
    Gonna try this myself..give mr a couple of hours...
    Also..can some one plz revert on the website Makeover I did...its just a request..

    Sent from my RaZr NeXus.
  16. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  


    I honestly dont like this one
    Last edited by XENOPHOS; 08-29-2012 at 01:48 PM.
  17. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    What do u guys think??

  18. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    V minute change compared to the previous one...

  19. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Last one boys and girls...for the day...

    still thinking of more...



    Plz plz plz leave a feed back./...
  20. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,803 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,824 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    Like the basic idea, XENOPHOS, but I do like the Central lettering under the design. There seems to be no "P" in the Modern (can't get used to that yet) Tiles even though there is a "W". Is that by design?

    tommikovski I really like your bottom design. Just enough detail to it to make it eye catching.
  21. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    Like the basic idea, XENOPHOS, but I do like the Central lettering under the design. There seems to be no "P" in the Modern (can't get used to that yet) Tiles even though there is a "W". Is that by design?

    tommikovski I really like your bottom design. Just enough detail to it to make it eye catching.
    Thanks Snowmutt.
    If u see the white line and then the red block, that makes a P.
    In fact the Central was what I was most skeptical about.

    Will give it one more shot.
    And no, in the original design, there was no W. I put it. :D
    So in short, P is the problem. Hmmm..
    Lemme see what I can do.

    But Thanks a lot for ur feed back. Greatly appreciated.

    Sent from my RaZr NeXus.
  22. tommikovski's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    @Snowmutt: Thank you. i tried to keep it simple. Its the current Logo rectanglified :lol:

    @Xenophobos: i would try a bold font for the W & C. Try to distort them into the right angle too. The square on the upper right could be a little bit smaller than the other squares - so the "P" will be more visible through the whitespace. Maybe could form the "W" like the "P" and just use a font for "central". The idea is good, just needs a little bit fine tuning :)
    X0LARIUM likes this.
  23. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by tommikovski View Post
    @Snowmutt: Thank you. i tried to keep it simple. Its the current Logo rectanglified :lol:

    @Xenophobos: i would try a bold font for the W & C. Try to distort them into the right angle too. The square on the upper right could be a little bit smaller than the other squares - so the "P" will be more visible through the whitespace. Maybe could form the "W" like the "P" and just use a font for "central". The idea is good, just needs a little bit fine tuning :)
    Thanx a ton!! I loved ur designs too BTW. Will surely try what u said... cheers!

    Sent from my RaZr NeXus.
  24. Rich Edmonds's Avatar

    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    I'll be the party pooper and reveal that something wonderful is on the horizon for Windows Phone Central :) we thank you for the effort gone into the ideas though! We have had many internally, and it's extremely interesting the different paths available when attempting to be relevant but not infringing on Microsoft's branding.

    Be patient, guys!
  25. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Edmonds View Post
    I'll be the party pooper and reveal that something wonderful is on the horizon for Windows Phone Central :) we thank you for the effort gone into the ideas though! We have had many internally, and it's extremely interesting the different paths available when attempting to be relevant but not infringing on Microsoft's branding.

    Be patient, guys!
    WOOT!!!

    Im happy AND SAD... :) :(

    I knew this would happen somewhere...anyways...we can't wait... (at least I can't!!:D)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

";