What were you expecting from Nokia yesterday that they didn't deliver?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind, please do not include "all the WP8 features revealed." I want to keep the focus on Nokia.

That being said, I was honestly expecting at LEAST three phones, not two. I wouldn't be surprised if a "cheaper phone" is announced in the next couple of months, though. Might be a low-key announcement.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I thought they would hint at a Nokia tablet.. I haven't been this excited for a phone since the iPhone 4.. New OS and hardware has me hyped.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
A wireless charging solution that isn't flat. How lame is that? At least they could have copied Palm's Touchstone from 2009! But I guess that would only matter if the phone's screen is turned on while it's docked on the charging pad.

Oh, and I really wanted to see a successor to the Lumia 710.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was expecting a release date. Well, more like hoping, not expecting. Since there were no AT&T, Verizon, etc... reps scheduled to speak, I figured there wouldn't be a date mentioned.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted a release date. Please do the Apple thing and announce and release quickly. I also wanted the phones to have a liquipel like coating. What good is the most durable phone in the world when it still has water as an enemy.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
One killer feature that would stab the iPhone in the heart. One...just one.
It cud have been something radical...anything..

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

A touchscreen that women with nails can still use? (I know a woman who has to use a stylus on her iPhone because of her nails).

OIS (if it works as well as advertised)?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
A touchscreen that women with nails can still use? (I know a woman who has to use a stylus on her iPhone because of her nails).

OIS (if it works as well as advertised)?

Hahaha...I'm neither a woman nor do i have nails. something that is just so cool...u can't take our eyes off it.
Like for example.. Motocast. Wirelessly pulling files?? WHOA!! that was awesome...(still is).

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Mitlov did you see that it uses a super sensitive screen, so you can use nails or a glove? Did you read that info

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my DROID RaZr.
Frankly I believe the 920s camera is pretty revolutionary and it WILL stab the iPhone in the heart.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

1. A beautiful, next generation design phone - seriously, look at the pic below.
  2. A killing camera, with unmatched software enhancement
  3. Most responsive touch screen in the business (with its own "retina" display")
  4. Although not mentioned, WP8 features deep Skype integration and FREE VOIP calling feature AVAILABLE TO 3RD PARTY APPS.

I think what I really wanted, as a musician, was RichRecording. Ah well, maybe next time.

nokia-lumia-920-vs-iphone-4s-cameras-0.jpg

dreester

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
The things I did NOT expect on the 820 in particular were:
  • Wireless charging
  • Changeable covers
  • Awesome wireless docking solutions
  • Super sensitive touchscreen
The one thing I expect any 2012 phone to have is Gorilla Glass. That alone is enough to keep me from getting one. I could've lived without the wireless charging or even the exchangeable covers.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I would have expected release dates and prices. I would have also expected a HD screen in the 820. Cyan in the flagship 920.

In addition I think a 720 would have been nice, as well as a tablet.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Honestly, it's mostly Microsoft that I was expecting more from... like for Microsoft to have a nearly finished build of Windows Phone 8 would've been nice.

However, it's clear this isn't the case.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett