Official Windows Phone Central app v3.0 is now available!

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Since this is the only post about the WPC app I guess I'll post it up here. First of all, I love the app and the new look.

I would however love the ability to have push notifications for when someone reply's to my comments on articles. I've found myself many times asking a question on an article then forgetting I did or what article it was on. So it would be nice to get a push notification for that.

Aside from that everything else works and looks great :D

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi Adretheon, push notifications are a little tough to do with our current infrastructure but are something I may look in to. What will be coming pretty soon is email notifications when you receive a response, which hopefully will be a good feature :)

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Adretheon, push notifications are a little tough to do with our current infrastructure but are something I may look in to. What will be coming pretty soon is email notifications when you receive a response, which hopefully will be a good feature :)

That would be wonderful. Just something to remind me I actually commented a question haha.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently on the 'try' version of WPC and i've noticed a weird little bug wondered why it would be happening. I've got WPC tile as the smallest version at the moment and occasionally when I unlock my phone instead of seeing the new logo, I see a black tile and white text "Windows" on the very left side of the tile vertically going down like this:

W
i
n
d
o
w
s

If I load up the app and then go back to the start screen again I see the normal logo again. Why would this be happening? Could it be because I'm on try version?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on the 'try' version of WPC and i've noticed a weird little bug wondered why it would be happening. I've got WPC tile as the smallest version at the moment and occasionally when I unlock my phone instead of seeing the new logo, I see a black tile and white text "Windows" on the very left side of the tile vertically going down like this:

W
i
n
d
o
w
s

If I load up the app and then go back to the start screen again I see the normal logo again. Why would this be happening? Could it be because I'm on try version?
Because you have it as the smallest you can have an icon... :p

Hopefully Jay will have a real answer for you.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to post comments on the news blogs, but I'm getting authentication errors and cannot post comments.

The forums work fine. It's just the news blogs where I cannot comment.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I had a timeout thing (obviously I took too long to write my post) which I couldn't copy the text from the post and it couldn't post it, which was annoying.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Muessig if you get a timeout try posting again, hopefully will work a second time :)

As for the tile issue I've got a v3.1 update incoming which should improve the problem but may not entirely fix it, I'm working on it though!

nzrocketman

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
is the live tiles not work in the trial version. Im unable to buy apps as im in NZ and it doesn't let me setup up a credit card to buy apps which are not available in NZ.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok there are some problems i will investigate asap but if you see an error saying you don't have permission, try to post the same reply again. The app should attempt to compensate and re-sign you in.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Weird. It showed my post after six attempts, but only after I opened the thread in the browser. I only saw the error messages after each of the six attempts using the app.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Tom is the man :) Tom's our server dude if anyone is wondering, without him the site and the app's interface into it wouldn't be so smooth (most of the time). So if anyone wants to say thanks to Tom this is a great place to do so!

Last edited:

GG916

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got notification in the Marketplace that there is an update for this app. I downloaded it and now when I go into the app I get
Network Error
Could not connect to WPCentral.com: the remote server returned an error: NotFound

I can get into the app after clicking OK, but it won't update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3