Official Windows Phone Central app v3.0 is now available!

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got notification in the Marketplace that there is an update for this app. I downloaded it and now when I go into the app I get

Network Error

Could not connect to WPCentral.com: the remote server returned an error: NotFound

I can get into the app after clicking OK, but it won't update.

It's not related to the app update I promise! Site feed is having some issues, on to the server guys about it so hopefully will be fixed soon!

Edit - all fixed!

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am able to post on the forums using the app.

However, I have not been able to use the app to comment on any of the blog posts in the past 3 days. Trying multiple times does not help.

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to buy the wpcentral app and got an error: "We can't connect to the Store right now. Check your data connection or try again later." (Im on wifi and everything else works) No big deal as I cant install any free aps right now either but I did see that charge go through with paypal. Will I be able to download it when the Store is working again or will I have to buy the app again?

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the update (possibly a glitch in WP8?) each time a story is published, I get TWO toast notifications instead of one. Havent had this issue before. Also, as others have mentioned, even when I am signed in to the app, I cannot post on articles as it gives an error. Like the new look though (basically the same).;

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The two toast issue seems to only affect Windows Phone 8, I'm looking into it :) The comment error can be fixed by deleting your wpcentral account from the settings screen, restarting the app and then trying to comment again

Sergei Trofimov

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

First of all I should say that this is amazing application. But:) For some reason I can't log-in on forums in app. I log-in just fine using my hotmail account as on desktop as on my 920 through browser. But when I try to log-in inside the app - it say that my login/password is incorect. What I do wrong?

tnx

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

First of all I should say that this is amazing application. But:) For some reason I can't log-in on forums in app. I log-in just fine using my hotmail account as on desktop as on my 920 through browser. But when I try to log-in inside the app - it say that my login/password is incorect. What I do wrong?

tnx
Unfortunately there's some discrepancy between the passport system and the app's login methods at the moment. For now, log in on the site and click the 'cog' to go to your settings. From there you should be able to create a mobile nations account password which will be linked to your hotmail.
That will work with the app whilst we look at how to integrate passport into the app.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Just to keep you updated, before I was only getting two toast notifications per story, but now my phone will repeadly toast me every 15 minutes or so until I open the app and look at the story. Otherwise it toasts all day long for the same story.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3