Official Windows Phone Central app v3.0 is now available!

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Just to keep you updated, before I was only getting two toast notifications per story, but now my phone will repeadly toast me every 15 minutes or so until I open the app and look at the story. Otherwise it toasts all day long for the same story.

Arsenic, this should be fixed in the v3.2 update which I am finalising right now

Last edited:

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I was having some issues with this app if you could help me. It was first crashing a few times when i tried to 'thank' a user. after that, it just 'denied' my requests. I wasn't able to post anything (though it showed me logged in). I uninstalled it to try to reinstall it but apparently there is no purchased list in the app store? I am new to Windows Phone and the smartphone world in general. Is there any way to recover this app instead of buying it again? and was anyone else having these issues?

*edit* ok, i see someone wrote in about the same issue a few comments up :winktongue: But is there anything that can be done about the 'missing' app?

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to reinstall by tapping buy the first time and then you will be told that you have already paid and asked if you want to install again.

As for thanks issue, should be an update end of next week :)

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Same problem for me. I upgraded from an omnia 7 to a Nokia 920 and it states i need to buy the app again and it's not listed in my purchased apps.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Jay! Looking forward to the fix and it did show as already purchased so i was able to just download it again (after hitting 'buy')

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I clicked buy and it asked me to pay again 79p. Is this because i downloaded it when you dropped the price to free a while back?

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I clicked buy and it asked me to pay again 79p. Is this because i downloaded it when you dropped the price to free a while back?
evoga that shouldn't happen if you're using the same account. If it is then please contact support at billing.microsoft.com as I have no control over the store

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm impressed with this app. It works great and the UI with "live tiles" to access the forums is a nice touch! I sure was expecting something more basic. Well done!!

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update, Jay, I'm able to 'thank' and post with no prob. I am noticing though, that during use of the app, when returning to the home screen or even after closing the app, the wpcentral icon goes 'dark' for a while with the word 'windows' on the left side of the tile spelled from top to bottom. It's basically a dark blank with the said word. Not sure if you've run into this yet...

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update, Jay, I'm able to 'thank' and post with no prob. I am noticing though, that during use of the app, when returning to the home screen or even after closing the app, the wpcentral icon goes 'dark' for a while with the word 'windows' on the left side of the tile spelled from top to bottom. It's basically a dark blank with the said word. Not sure if you've run into this yet...

yeah very aware of it :( fixed a lot of instances just working on a permanent fix

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
This is a great app. However, I bought it mainly for the forums and I can't login with my passport account. Hopefully you guys can solve this issue sometime in the future.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This is a great app. However, I bought it mainly for the forums and I can't login with my passport account. Hopefully you guys can solve this issue sometime in the future.

If you logged in using a social network you just need to go to the account page on the site and create a mobile nations password then it will work :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
you'd be surprised how much work is involved in that...

Hi could you please help. It's not a huge deal(it's not a deal at all) but i was wondering why the live tile for WPcentral sometimes shows the normal tile
and then sometimes the tile is black and it has windows going down vertically?

Again not an issue so much as a curiosity as the app works fine regardless.
you can see in the screenshot what i mean :)
Wpcentral.jpg

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Micah I'm spending every second of my spare time trying to sort that one. It's about the most frustrating thing I've had to do and is because I'm rendering a custom tile outside of Microsoft's api & recommended practice.

Anyway it's being re-written from scratch tonight because i cannot solve it with adjustments to my existing code.

Last edited:

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jay, I have 3 suggestions

1) High res live tile images for news stories

2) Headlines on the live tile get cutoff... Not sure if that is an inherent problem with live tiles as it happens on any app that tries to display a headline.

3) Fast resume!!!

Thanks, love the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3