Official Windows Phone Central app v3.0 is now available!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
FYI folks, was talking to Jay about this. He says the blank tile and download app list issues are both fixed in the current dev build. He's just waiting on some image files before he can release it!

Sergio0694

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, do you know if the new app tile logo (the one like the new site logo) will be added in the next update?
Jay said he'd add that in next update :)
I just can't stand the actual tile, I'm looking forward to the classic "metro style" tile with the white logo on a background with the phone accent color, just like IE, the message hub, the phone tile, etc...

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to post a new topic on the forums from the Windows Phone Central App?? All I see is the option to quick reply to posts that other people have already created.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
For some reason this app and Amazing Weather stop updating on the live tile. Not sure why this happens, but it takes forever to try to get it working again. When it does stop working my battery life increases by about 5X's what it normally is...

flierman

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have just made a total reset of my HTC 8S, I will try to install all apps from SD-card since some people says that saves memory. How can I get the WPC-app again, I have paid for it once...when I see it on the SD-card it says "evaluation", will it check later that I have bought it via my Live-id or?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just updated the WP central's app and noticed the unanswered threads box is still not working, nothing shows up and it says page 1 of 0 what's up with this?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Just updated the WP central's app and noticed the unanswered threads box is still not working, nothing shows up and it says page 1 of 0 what's up with this?
I am having a similar issue. I get blank screens when trying to browse the forums. I just bought the app too.

LaNiQuE

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I updated and im getting no notifications anymore though it's on. Also is the article count gone or is it just because my notifications aren't working thats not either? I'm kinda annoyed they changed the tile and im not one to complain too often. So i guess I'll play around with the settings and hope my notifications are fixed soon.

Duncliffe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
WPCentral Live Tile Not Working?

Not sure if this is just me, or whether it's happening for other people, but my WPCentral Tile no longer shows how many new News items exist since I last opened the app. Live Tile is switched On, and Background Tasks are allowed. Happening to anyone else?

I've also removed the tile, and pinned it again. Deleted the app, and reinstalled it, but still the same. Happened since the update to the new tile (version 3.2 or 3.3, not sure which!)

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys the unanswered threads forums showing "page 1 of 0" is unfortunately something I cannot control. You will find if you use Board Express you see exactly the same issue. This is because of the Tapatalk API connection into the forums not supporting the type of search which generates those threads. I have made our server gurus aware and hope they will be able to come up with a fix soon. Otherwise I'm afraid I can only suggest you browse other areas of the forum.

Raffyv

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I get an error ?could not connect to WPcentral.com the remote server returned an error: not found? on my cell, but I can access the site from my laptop pc

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I get an error “could not connect to WPcentral.com the remote server returned an error: not found” on my cell, but I can access the site from my laptop pc

For whatever reason your phone is not connected to the internet. Try testing it's connection using Internet Explorer to confirm you can load the site. Then try again using the app.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to make a suggestion: add the ability to "Like" a post, not just thank it, from within the App itself. Currently, I can "quote" or "thank" a post, but that's it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3