Official Windows Phone Central app v3.0 is now available!

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi NokiaGeek. I'm aware of the problem which is occurring on devices with lower memory than my test devices (apologies, I should have been more thorough in testing, in fact this is a good excuse for me to go out and get a Lumia 620!).

I'll have this solved in the next update, either with some subtle UI changes to improve memory usage, or by bringing a completely new Wallpapers experience :)

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi NokiaGeek. I'm aware of the problem which is occurring on devices with lower memory than my test devices (apologies, I should have been more thorough in testing, in fact this is a good excuse for me to go out and get a Lumia 620!).

I'll have this solved in the next update, either with some subtle UI changes to improve memory usage, or by bringing a completely new Wallpapers experience :)

Thanks man 😊

Hope you enjoy the 620 when you get it, great to see your quick response
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

tvalentine

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Awesome app, I just have one problem. When browsing within a forum swiping to go to the next page does not take me to the top of that page. If I scroll to the bottom of page 1 and swipe for the next page it opens at the bottom of that page and then I have to scroll up and then scroll back down. Is this a feature or am I doing something wrong?

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Awesome app, I just have one problem. When browsing within a forum swiping to go to the next page does not take me to the top of that page. If I scroll to the bottom of page 1 and swipe for the next page it opens at the bottom of that page and then I have to scroll up and then scroll back down. Is this a feature or am I doing something wrong?

strange, that feature is working correctly on my devices... I'll do some investigation :)

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
One thing that has been "bugging" me for quite some time, and persisting through to the most recent update... occasionally, the tile counter will not reset to zero after opening the app. Sometimes I have to press the back button right after scrolling through stories to get it to reset, and then re-enter the app to do other things such as browse forums (if I browse stories and then go into forums without leaving the app, it won't update the tile counter). Sometimes I have to manually tap into a story. Sometimes only pressing the start button does the trick. Sometimes I have to unpin and repin the tile to get it to reset because nothing else works. WP8 tile bug or something that can be looked into on the app?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Jay brow I cant download wallpapers it keeps crashing the app with no bug report at restart. It gave me an error with a number the first time I opened wallpapers but I didn't record the number. I closed the app then opened it again and now when I try to open wallpaper it just closes the app. I have restarted my L920 and tried again with the same results app just closes.

sarjit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
wpcentral tile not refreshing

I just updated my wpcentral to latest version for WP7.8. However my tile refuses to refresh anymore. It flips n all but no new notifications are seen till I actually open the app. I have tried resizing, repinning n reinstalling. All have failed. Any solutions? Using Lumia 800 btw

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
One thing that has been "bugging" me for quite some time, and persisting through to the most recent update... occasionally, the tile counter will not reset to zero after opening the app. Sometimes I have to press the back button right after scrolling through stories to get it to reset, and then re-enter the app to do other things such as browse forums (if I browse stories and then go into forums without leaving the app, it won't update the tile counter). Sometimes I have to manually tap into a story. Sometimes only pressing the start button does the trick. Sometimes I have to unpin and repin the tile to get it to reset because nothing else works. WP8 tile bug or something that can be looked into on the app?
this is because the app needs the latest update to refresh the tile. If you allow the app to fetch the data (wait for the loading bar to stop) and the tile will be updated shortly after

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: wpcentral tile not refreshing

+1 on WP8 too.

I only realised it about an hour ago and thought it might have been my background tasks.

The reason it shows for update failure is : Network error.

What does it say on yours?

joeyhc

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
wide tile refuses to update

I am currently on WP7.8 and the wide tile refuses to update, it just stays on the latest article last time I open the app, and have to manually update the tile by opening the app. Tried reinstalling and repining, no luck.

Merecraft

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
This is a brilliant app, I use it several times a day. One thing I can't figure out though - is there anyway to see a list of unread (i.e. new since last visit) forum posts? Thanks and keep up the great work.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
The tile is no longer updating for me either. I have tired all sizes, uninstalling and reinstalling, unpinning and repining. I do notice that there are not the same options for the tile in the settings menu under customize live tile as there used to be. I can no longer select the type of tile I want as far as how it is displayed. Only options now are Font Colour, and Plain Count type.

ash29k

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Not updating the live tile on my 900 either, strange, it worked fine until I updated whatsapp.... Only the wide tile fails to update...

Last edited:

Kiraly Attila

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: wide tile refuses to update

I am currently on WP7.8 and the wide tile refuses to update, it just stays on the latest article last time I open the app, and have to manually update the tile by opening the app. Tried reinstalling and repining, no luck.
Same for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills